CITROEN BERLINGO - RAPID HELP PLEASE

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Foxy
My Cars:

CITROEN BERLINGO - RAPID HELP PLEASE

Post by Foxy »

Berlingo Multispace went in for some electrical repairs today (New Com 200 unit). Drove car home and used my key.
Went into car again when got home and used my wifes key which does not have the remote central locking. Tried to start car and it is just turning over but not firing up. Also, the display for date etc is now in ECO mode and there is now power to stereo.
Car is Citroen Berlingo 2.0 HDI (2002).
Quick help would be appreciated!!
Cheers[:(!]
Dave Bamber
My Cars:

Post by Dave Bamber »

Will it start using your key?
Foxy
My Cars:

Post by Foxy »

No. It turns over but fure up. It's like there is no fuel getting to it. Could it be immobilised???
BX-Basis
My Cars:

Post by BX-Basis »

Normally, a new COM2000 does not mean that the keys need to be re-programmed. But perhaps there were some other things made that required re-programming of the keys. If so, only the keys that were programmed will work and in order to make the other keys work again, the garage will need all the keys at the same time.
Foxy
My Cars:

Post by Foxy »

Could it be that when i have used my wifes key which hasnt been recoded this has immobilised the car?? When i go and use mine then the same is happening. Do they keys need recoding now that it has been immobilised?
Cheers
BX-Basis
My Cars:

Post by BX-Basis »

No, normally that won't happen. If you try to start with a decoded key, the engine won't start. But once you use a correctly encoded key, the car should start. I don't know what kind of injection system is mounted on your engine (BOSCH or SIEMENS), but if it is a BOSCH, you could have a problem with the electric fuel pump in the tank. There was a series of pumps that was not really reliable.
danielsydney
My Cars:

Post by danielsydney »

When it goes into eco-mode it means that car has turned off power from battery. I would check the battery as when ecomode comes on you have to restart the car.
I think you have a flat battery? Let us all know please?
alan s
RIP 2010
My Cars:

Post by alan s »

I can't ad much to this apart from relaying a story that happened to a guy over here witha WRX.
He went to a shopping centre and whilst there saw a franchised key cutting service so decided in his wisdom to get a spare key cut.
Came back to the car; same as you, car no go.
Rang our = to AA who suggested (after an hour of trying) that he gets the car flat bedded to the dealer he bought the car from. After a week of tearing hair out and a string of phone calls all over the country and to Japan, the service manager sat him down to do a detailed report for the manufacturers whereupon the story of the key emerged. This was relayed down the cahin of command until a decision was made to send the ECU and keys over to Japan for reprogramming.
Eventually, after several weeks, he got his car back.
I'd suggest getting in touch with Citroen as soon as possible and asking some pertinent questions as these modern electronics have some strange quirks about them and none more so than the French.
Alan S
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

does the light with a key symbol on the dash stay on or is it flashing when you try and start it ? when you use a dead or not programed key it should not stop the other keys starting the car.
i dont think there is anything wrong with the battery,eco-mode is just for power saving if there has been an electrical load on for a while,it wont come out of eco-mode again till it starts up.
danielsydney
My Cars:

Post by danielsydney »

eco mode will only go once the car is started again. There is an issue with the battery i bet you...
danielsydney
My Cars:

Post by danielsydney »

Its actually a built in function on the newer citroens.
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

Eco-mode is a feature on all multiplex citroens for saving power,if the radio,iterior light etc is left on for a certain amount of time or the ignition left on the BSI shuts down the VAN networks which is why the radio,windows,wipers etc wont work until the car is started up again & the car comes out of eco-mode,its only a problem if it keeps on happening after leaving the car parked for short times ie overnight.
no doubt the battery could cause this but id say in this case it is very unlikely.
danielsydney
My Cars:

Post by danielsydney »

The turn off interval is 10 minutes in the C3.