94 1.9D xantia central locking and alarm

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

keljon

94 1.9D xantia central locking and alarm

Post by keljon »

i have just purchased a 94 1.9D Xantia, the central locking does not work and there appears to be an alarm fitted but this does not work either. I don't have the remote plip so i am not too bothered about the alarm but would like to get the central locking working on the key (mainly because of the fuel filler not locking, don't want someone syphoning a full tank of diesel)
I have checked the fuses inside and they all seem ok, there were two 10 amp fuses blown in the engine compartment fuse box which have been replaced but this has made no difference.
What do i check next, i have unlocked all of the doors and boot and sat in the car working the locks but nothing happens so it seems almost like there is no power to the central locking. I suspect that the previous owner may have unplugged the central locking ecu due to problems with the central locking and / or alarm. Where is the ecu located?
There is a button in the centre console (push button almost looks aftermarket) above a red led which i assume is for the alarm. What does the button do?
keljon

Post by keljon »

ok would some kind owner of a haynes manual care to tell me which fuses and relays are for the alarm and central locking. I have looked under the plastics by the handbrake and cannot find a ecu for the central locking. In the fuse box there is a large housing for a relay or ecu with nothing plugged in, is this where the central locking ecu should be? Any pointers would be very much appreciated as i really need to be able to have the central locking working so it locks and unlocks the fuel cap
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

richiesxantia
My Cars:

Post by richiesxantia »

The Central locking ECU should be under the centre console - right under the plastic surround for the electric window controls. If it's not, there should be a couple of fat plugs there waiting for the ECU to go back in...
I have a spare EDU if you need it - changed mine 'cause the locks used to unlock for no reason! Sometimes I would come back to the car to find all the doors unlocked! turned out to be a problem with one of the door actuators, so my old ECU is still good. Call me on 01348 875 234 if you want it, or want to chat... :)
The fuse is under the steering wheel with the rest, in the middle row 5 back from you and should be 30A.
cheers,
Richie