Xantia Door Chrome Trim Solution!!

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

peterbot
My Cars:

Xantia Door Chrome Trim Solution!!

Post by peterbot »

O.k so we all know xantia door trims go yuck. So I have found a good solution which gives good results for not a lot of money.So first of all we need some replacement chrome trim. Follow this link: www.combicar.co.uk/universaltrim.htm
At the bottom of the page is "stick on chrome trim 18mm" Treat yourself to a couple of rolls (Not sure if they post outside of U.K)
When it arrives, fitting goes something like this....
Remove old trims by either carefully prising out of the black or colour coded side rubbing strips using a thin point flat screwdriver,or by trying to slide them sideways revealing a gap at one end to get a screwdriver behind. they are clipped in and omce you get one clip lose the rest will unclip very easily.
Thoroughly clean the crud from the area where the chrome sits.
Now the tricky bit.... Cut the strips roughly to the same length as the originals, next you will need to trim away some of the rubber backing at either end of your new strips (about an inch should do it) I used a dremmel with a soft sanding wheel to do this. The idea is to make the ends flexible enough to be squeezed in to the slots at either end of the side rubbing strips.The rest of the chrome trim simply sticks to the protruding lugs in the rubbing strips.At first Ithought there wouldn't be enough contact area to stay stuck...but it seems to be pretty well held in. Note that this trim sticks out futher than the original but it still looks good...see photo.
sbraud
My Cars:

Post by sbraud »

Nice one Peterbot [:D]
Another for my To Do List... [;)]
Cheers
Steve
mezuk04
My Cars:

Post by mezuk04 »

Would anyone be able to advise whether the trim on the picture posted would be the same as the trim I have on my metallic silver temptation zx
ActivaV6uk
My Cars: C5 X7 2.7 hdi

Past cars
Activa, silver MK1 (221bhp stock) stripped out with twin sparcos Evo seats. 95
Activa, light met red MK1 98
Activa, dark met red MK1 98
Activa, dark met blue MK1 (202bhp stock) 96
Xantia exclusive V6 auto 3l 98
Xantia 2l 8v auto
BX 4x4 GTi dark met silver
BX 4x4 GTi white
BX GTi 16v white fibre bumpers
BX GTi 16v black fibre bumpers
BX GTi 16v hurricane (doa)
BX DTR estate

Post by ActivaV6uk »

Peter you deserve a medal.
Are you an Activanet member yet as I see you have a V6? (v6 exclusive is another car we are trying to help people with there).
Andy