Citroen ZX - removing the stereo. HOW?!?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

hallucyn8

Citroen ZX - removing the stereo. HOW?!?

Post by hallucyn8 »

Can anyone tell me how to remove the standard stereo/radio from the Citroen ZX. The one with the plastic flap.
Please help this is driving me insane
Dave1

Post by Dave1 »

I believe you just need to remove the two rubber gromits facing you and use a screwdriver on the two screws. Once the two screws are out you should be able to pull the unit forward and out!
volcane305

Post by volcane305 »

Its a very simple job. Firstly look for the code for your radio it will be handy to know if you have it before removal. Lift up the flap thing and you will see two rubber bungs, one on each side pull these out and remove the screws, I think they are a strange type possibly torx so a good screw driver set is needed. The radio will then pull out. There are four more screws holding the mounting plate in place. You will need an adaptor plate to install a new stereo (same part as for berlingo) these tend to be overpriced about £20. The stereo has ISO connections which means easy connection.
n/a

Post by n/a »

simple remove the facia of the radio this includes the heater mech care to be taken easy goin couple of screws hidden ul find em dont need to disconect batery unless u know wat ur doin otherwise contact me
DAVE
n/a

Post by n/a »

u wernt payin attention
DAVE
hallucyn8

Post by hallucyn8 »

Thanks for the help, I can't believe how easy it was. I never thought to try and remove the rubber bungs!
Can anyone recommend a good place to get the facia adapter from? The cheapest I've seen is about £30.
Cheers
gjb02
My Cars:

Post by gjb02 »

Try Citroen, they sell the adapter for about £15, Halfords do one for £13 I think, if they have it in stock!! I was lucky enough to find mine in a local scrappy, give them a go, it only cost me £2. Regards
Gareth 'WRITE THAT DOWN'
Alan White

Post by Alan White »

Buy your adapter plate from a Citroen main dealer. And whilst you are about it why not treat yourself to a pair of 'custom fit' replacement door speakers?