ZX Electrical Gremlins

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

VLL
My Cars:

ZX Electrical Gremlins

Post by VLL »

Now that the better weather is coming its about time to try and fix the 3 electrical problems I have.
1) Interior lights dont work when you open the doors (works when you switch them on manually)
2) Door open indicator on passenger side faulty (stayed on all the time so i disconnected the wire to the lock)
3) Rear washer doesnt work (Wiper works, front and rear both failed, hot wired it so front works by earthing one of the 2 wires at the pump)
The interior light problem might be down to me disconnecting the door open indicator, am thinking it might share a earth, anyone with any ideas about this.
The washer only has 2 wires to the pump, the live for the front works but doesnt earth (until i made a temp fix), but the rear has no live. Does the stalk reverse the polarity or is there a controler somewhere for this?
Hope someone can help me with these problems, they are starting to bug me.
rossnunn
My Cars:

Post by rossnunn »

I'd have thought your right about the interior light but only if it doesn't come on when you open the passengers door but does when you open the drivers.
My zx has the same fault with the rear washer, althought on mine I can hear the motor running, I'm putting mine down to a clogged jet/pipe or maybe I've crushed it when I changed the sunroff cassette. Either way I haven't jet fixed it, thats job no #1026
lighteninguk

Post by lighteninguk »

When i bought my ZX my rear washer didnt work, although i could hear the its lil motor squeeling at the front of the car, so got someone to play (turn on and off) with the washer stalk, whilst i poked the jet hole with a pin, whilst dodging the wiper of course!
jeremy
My Cars:

Post by jeremy »

I'm sure the interior lights are worked from the normal switches in the door shuts rather from the lock switches. These switches fail after about 10 years and are about £1.50 from GSF. They are held in by one screw and form the earth connection for the light circuit. With them replaced you will probably find the lights on alarm works as well.
jeremy
rossnunn
My Cars:

Post by rossnunn »

lol I've got the wing on that side to change, will have a poke about them :)
arry_b

Post by arry_b »

Take the plunger switches out of the door pillars, and clean them up with a bit of switch cleaner. Works most of the time.