Disposing of used LHM

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

alan s
RIP 2010
My Cars:

Post by alan s »

I suppose you could always sell it on eBay; sillier things have happened.[;)][}:)][:o)][:o)]
Alan S[:D]
andycarter
My Cars:

Post by andycarter »

Anyone else noticed how LHM eats latex gloves?
..or am I the only ponce who wears them. Moisturiser anyone?
fastandfurryous
My Cars:

Post by fastandfurryous »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by andycarter</i>

Anyone else noticed how LHM eats latex gloves?
..or am I the only ponce who wears them. Moisturiser anyone?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Nope, I wear them too, and now swear by them. Not only has it reduced my hand cleanser bill, but also significantly reduced the likelyhood of skin cancer, dermatitis and generally horrible looking hands. The other bonus is that if you suddenly need to do something with clean hands, you can just pull them off. Much nicer than spending 10 minutes with a nailbrush and half-a-handful of gritty handcleaner.
Trichloroethylene also kills latex gloves in a matter of minutes. Imagine what it would be doing to your skin!
Kowalski
My Cars: Ex 05 C5 2.0 HDI Exclusive 145k
Ex 97 Xantia 1.9TD SX 144k
Ex 94 Xantia Dimension 1.9TD 199k

Post by Kowalski »

I'm a user of latex gloves too, but they don't last two minutes in the parts washer, engine oil kills them slowly too.
I got some samples of nitrile and chloroprene (Neoprene(tm)) gloves and they last pretty much for ever but I haven't found a cheap source of them locally yet and I'm running out of sample pairs.
Nitrile are the blue ones, purple are low enzyme latex and chloroprene can be any colour it seems.
vanny
My Cars:

Post by vanny »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Kowalski</i>

I haven't found a cheap source of them locally yet and I'm running out of sample pairs.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
<cough>NHS<cough>
alternatively, speak to student medics/vets they always seem to have a plentiful supply and i know a lot of them have to buy there own in the 'lower' years! I'll see what i can find out about suppliers, i know my mum uses them loads at the hospital as she cant use the latex ones!