water pump?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

mrbump
My Cars:

Post by mrbump »

malcolm,
please read my first post again, i said already that i tried thermo. no offence,
greg
fastandfurryous
My Cars:

Post by fastandfurryous »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by citronut</i>

what is point asking question when you know all the answers<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
No. He was asking what the symptoms of a failed water pump are, and if anyone has experienced similar symptoms which have been traced to a water pump. I mis-read it first time, hence my first answer, which was somewhat unhelpful.
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">if thermostat is in place and cold you can not flush block properly<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Yes, you can. By using either the bypass hose into the back of the thermostat housing, or the cabin heater take-off pipe at the back of the head. I've done this plenty of times on XUD engines, especially the early ones, when the 4 bolts holding the thermostat housing on have corroded, and I can't be bothered to fix it until the thermostat fails.
Using this method is very good actually, as it allows you to jam a garden hose into the end of a heater hose, and stand back, rather than getting soaked.