Xantia boot lock & alarm problem

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Scott
My Cars:

Xantia boot lock & alarm problem

Post by Scott »

This morning i set the alarm off by opening the locked boot on my estate. I reset the alarm and locked the car but opened the boot again because the lock didn't engage. The motors sounds as if its working fine and was replaced under warranty, could it be a loose connection? I managed to move the lock into the locked position and unlock it with my hands but now the alarm wont set![:(]
All door locks work fine.
Has anyone had similar problems
Thanks
JohnT
My Cars:

Post by JohnT »

The boot lock is known to cause problems in that the barrel sticks when you push it in and remains there. This could be telling the system that the boot is not locked. I tried WD40 to loosen the barrel which now seems better. On another Xantia I used to have to lock an immedietly unlock the car again to get the boot lock to work. The lock is activated by a solenoid which pulls a lever to operate the lock, these rarely give a problem but make sure you hear a very distinctive clunk when locking/unlocking.
Scott
My Cars:

Post by Scott »

Thanks for the response, I've sorted the alarm problem at least. The connector had come of the lock mechanism. The motor seems to make a noise but no clunk yet, I'll investigate further