xantia suspension problem

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

manj

xantia suspension problem

Post by manj »

hi my girlfriend has a 1.9td 95 xantia recently the rear end of the car has stopped rising. sometimes if you leave it a while it will rise
and will be fine for a while then it will stop again.i cant do any of the sphere checks as at the moment it has compleatly stopped rising.
the front end comes up fine and if you move the ride height to max the front goes up and you can hear the pump slow down and start clicking i think it is quicker than 30 seconds but the rear does not come up. i am new to this car so any help would be much appreciated.
fastandfurryous
My Cars:

Post by fastandfurryous »

Hands up all those who think this might be a broken plastic height corrector link.
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

my hand is up [:)]
Item 6 on Stempy's famous schematic : http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/cap ... 366010.gif
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

sounds about right this link is a couple of squid from main dealer and it snaps into place
manj

Post by manj »

cheers guys
manj

Post by manj »

i forgot to say that my girlfriend did take the car to a dealer and thry ran a check on it for £30 there quote was for £800 to repair the car. they told here that we need to replace the rear spheres and accumilator,anti sink valve and a saftey valve.
i will check the height corrector link this weekend as i think they were taking the p**s and trying to fleece here. i have been through all the suspension prob on this forum and when the car was working properly the ride was smooth as it should be.
cheers for your advice i will let you know how i get on.
pete@co.uk
My Cars:

Post by pete@co.uk »

hi manj
Ive just had all this problem with my xantia put your car on ramps and check the plastic link also make sure the top link that goes round the antiroll bar is ok and that its not snapped like mine was so you should have somthing to connect the little plastic link to. Then disconnect the control link the spring bit that hangs down from the rod and make sure thats free and not seized up give that a good dose of wd40 then mark the height corrector body the part with two bolts in it looking straght at you becouse you have to get that back in exactly the same place anyway move the lower link out of the way then if you undo the bolts and move the corrector body out of the way you (can move it while its still attached to the pipes but be very carefull) just move it enough to clear the top linkage then you should be able to move the top linkage from side to side on its pivot if you cant then the top linkage is seized spray with wd40 then work the top link with a screwdriver or something to get it moving until you can move it free with your hand then reconnect everything then make sure you get the height corrector body back in exactly the same place thats why marking it with paint or a scratch is very important then bolt everthing up. if you get stuck then read my thread on this subject on http://www.andyspares.com/discussionfor ... C_ID=13458
hope this helps
pete.............................
manj

Post by manj »

cheers guys i'll let you know how i get on.