BX heater control not working

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

alan s
RIP 2010
My Cars:

Post by alan s »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by kiwichas</i>

juiced it worked it loosened it even manually vigorously,tied a rope to it, yanked it but the rotten valve still does not turn off completely,allowing hot air through, just enough to annoy could it be faulty, is it replaceable. Gettin hot in here, would not bother you up north I guess. Bet they fail in the off position up there, being upside down of course...
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Don't get too heavy handed with it mate, they are no longer available as a spare, rare as rockin' 'orse droppings as a second hand part and as dear as poison if you find one.
This was my solution a few years back and I still reckon it works 10 times better than the original.
http://www.aussiefrogs.com/snippets/heater.htm
Alan S
DLM
My Cars:

Post by DLM »

Pleased to hear it was all OK in the end, Adam. Now if I can just find someone who needs various BX trim, bolts, clips, trim screws, relays, etc.etc. I'll feel justified in hoarding those too.
Oscar Too
My Cars:

Post by Oscar Too »

I had to do this job a couple of weeks ago too - we had to replace the white panel as the knob had broken. I found that a couple of .5mm wide, 20cm long strips of gaffer tape on the cable gave us enough leverage to get the cables in position and then pop the clips on.