Berlingo tapping

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

AJMSameday
My Cars:

Berlingo tapping

Post by AJMSameday »

can anybody help berlingo 1.9 deisel 3 years old, 48,000 miles, it has developed a rattle tapping, its there all the time more noticable at tickover, noise seems to be aroud alternator,powersteering pump area, many thanks gary.
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

hi gary have cam belt and tensioners checked malcolm
fastandfurryous
My Cars:

Post by fastandfurryous »

This sounds suspiciously like it may be the auxiliary drivebelt tensioner. My 405 one rattles like a sod at idle. Unfortunately they are £80ish from pug/citroen, so it may be well worth trying to find a good s/h one.
np
My Cars:

Post by np »

I had the same thing on my Xantia.It was the drivebelt tensioner.It started as a slight rattle,then the longer i left it,the more it rattled & started to squeek.The bearing was on its way out.Didn`t cost to much to put right.
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

any rattle around that end of engine should be investigated as a mater of urgentsy just in caseits cam belt /tentioner related although if aux/belt breaks can cause cam celt to slip/snap malcolm
np
My Cars:

Post by np »

Should have mentioned that myself,as when my tensioner was on the way out,all the garages i went to to get quotes said that if the tensioner seized alltogether,it could take the cambelt with it.Ouch £££!Had it done asap after that.
AJMSameday
My Cars:

Post by AJMSameday »

Thank you, chaps will get it checked,I thought something like that should last a lot longer than 48,000 miles.