C4 VTS opinions??

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Justin
My Cars:

C4 VTS opinions??

Post by Justin »

Hi guys, I currently have a Megane 2.0L which I am less than happy with. I am looking at getting a C4 VTS as I have mainly been a Citroen man & love the looks of it. I have driven one briefly a week ago as soon as one arrived in WA & was smitten! Thing is they have only been for sale here for a week so I was wondering whether there were any comments from anyone who may have owned one in the UK for a bit longer. I assume there are people that may have had one for up to 6mths already? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated! [:D]
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

Not likely to much on here about the C4 - we're more interested in buying BXs and ZXs it seems! I have not heard anything bad about the C4 on other more general forums I frequent (contrast to the C5!). I expect there is a C4 group on Yahoo lists.
Personally I think it looks great, and look forward to it getting shunned by the public so I can buy one for peanuts, like all other second hand Citroens! Would have a debate with myself whether I wanted to buy into all that technology though....
Seems my mother-in-law is going to buy one. All I have to do now is convince her she 'needs' the 2.0 HDi 138, so I can have it in a few years....
reffro
My Cars:

Post by reffro »

Only thing I can't stand about the C4 is Citroen being lazy and not changing the wipers for RHD versions. The wipers are set up with a bias for LHD, and they haven't bothered changing it for RHD markets. And I refuse to buy any car, if the maker doesn't set the wipers to RHD bias.
Thunderbird

Post by Thunderbird »

C4 is indeed amongst the best options in its class.
From the many articles I have read, the best version is the 5-door 1.6HDi 110hp.
Go for it! [;)]
drpau
My Cars:

Post by drpau »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by reffro</i>

Only thing I can't stand about the C4 is Citroen being lazy and not changing the wipers for RHD versions. The wipers are set up with a bias for LHD, and they haven't bothered changing it for RHD markets. And I refuse to buy any car, if the maker doesn't set the wipers to RHD bias.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Is the C4 like the 206 then, with those mad wipers that go in the wrong direction?
reffro
My Cars:

Post by reffro »

No they just don't sweep as much of the screen clear on the RHD driver's side as they do on the passenger's side. Its obvious they thought that it did enough of a job to not warrant changing it, but its just plain annoying and for me a safety issue. You have more of the screen unwiped in your eyeline than the passenger does, not the way it should be done.
As for the car everything else is just about spot on, and I agree that the 5dr 110 HDi is a belter.
macaroni
My Cars:

Post by macaroni »

At least the 206 drivers wiper jumps into the corner in an effort to clear more of the screen.
I have just been to a local Cit dealer for some spares and there was a silver C4 vts in the showroom, which looked stunning. However, personally, the VTR HDi would be my favourite choice.
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

Don't they have butterfly wipers, so both sides should be the same?