Woz dat?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

rossnunn
My Cars:

Woz dat?

Post by rossnunn »

Started to removed some bits off the engine ready for it's removal this weekend,
http://web.onetel.com/~glynnunn/pics/part1.jpg
Front offside behind foglight, there is two connectors, one for the fog the other??
http://web.onetel.com/~glynnunn/pics/part2.jpg
Front nearside behind foglight woz dat?
http://web.onetel.com/~glynnunn/pics/part3.jpg
Front of the engine to the left of the oil pressure sender. Woz dat for? (notice the ammount of oil!!)
For those new or who don't know: its a 1996 ZX. Cheers
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

Could be for the infoumous 'air con' unit that was fitted on some few ZX's.
rossnunn
My Cars:

Post by rossnunn »

which pic?
Jon

Post by Jon »

The second one looks like part of the loom that would go to the air horn compressor for Volcane/16v models, unused on other versions.(but still in the loom) Last one looks to me like the connection for the rad fan sensor. I don't know about the other one.
rossnunn
My Cars:

Post by rossnunn »

mmm interesting.
The second one is like a metal barrel with two yellow wires coming out of it. Wondered if it was the impact sensor for the airbags??
Is the charcaol canister in the front of the offside inner wing, behind the indicator
wilkobob
My Cars:

Post by wilkobob »

Is the metal one not the dim dip relay? Or am I totally wrong and off the mark? My zx has one too, I always thought it was that. As for the other pics, I aint a clue!
rossnunn
My Cars:

Post by rossnunn »

behind the front fogs? thought it would be in a fuse box????
NiSk
My Cars:

Post by NiSk »

Totally inconsequential to this post admittedly, but I was in to the local motor factors (this is in Sweden) to fix some front turrent bearings and drop link for my Daughters ZX (MOT failure!) and saw to my amazment in the parts catalogue the fellow was using, that the ZX was sold with the 2.0 HDI engine - in any case , they had parts that where specifically for the ZX 2.0 HDI.
I'd never heard of this combination before - was it sold in England? - I've never seen one even mentioned in Sweden. . .
//NiSk
rossnunn
My Cars:

Post by rossnunn »

not that i know of
wilkobob
My Cars:

Post by wilkobob »

If they ever did make one, I wouldnt mind getting my hands on one! I suppose the concept is there, since pug made the 306 HDI. Maybe a project some time in the future - transfer bits from a 306 HDI to a ZX.
On the dim dip relay front, im sure in located somewhere down in the wheel arch on the left hand side somewhere (something to do with it getting hot?) and always assumed that was it. The rad fan switch is screwed in the radiator, so it cant be that. Any more guesses anyone?!?
rossnunn
My Cars:

Post by rossnunn »

answered my own question ref charcaol canister. Yes I was right :D
bikeboyz
My Cars:

Post by bikeboyz »

Not heard of ZX HDi either, just had a look at the QH catalogue on timing belts. Its got the non UK ZX 1124cc version but not HDI. Its also got listed Saxo 1905cc turbo diesel 1996- , also AX and BX Vans! Zsara with 1527cc diesel crops up too.
rossnunn
My Cars:

Post by rossnunn »

wilkobob - your right!
"the system operates throught a dim-dip realy & a resistor unit situated at the front left-hand corner above the horn assemberly" - according to the haynes manual!
One down two to go!
gjb02
My Cars:

Post by gjb02 »

Pic three - The oily connector..chances are high thats its a redundant part of the loom..probably for the oil level or oil temperature gauge found on higher spec cars.
The oil pressure switch is present but only gives a go/no go indication of pressure.
wilkobob
My Cars:

Post by wilkobob »

Thought id read it somewhere.... [:)]