Sphere dates.

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

goldfinche
My Cars:

Sphere dates.

Post by goldfinche »

Hello this is a question to them that knows,hopefully.Have today bought a set of spheres for the BX, they are Amtex from you know who.Having disposed of the old ones I noticed what I take to be a manufacture date:-
16-06-04. on the new ones.
If this is so when does the guarantee run from, the date of manufacture or the date of purchase. I ask because it will make almost a years difference. One of the last Amtex spheres I had started to fail ( releasing gas into the system,in 2 months it was "flat") at the early age of 14 months.(From purchase.)
Not getting particularly upset about it, but it would be nice to know.
Thank you
Geoff.
JohnD
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: 2010 Citroen C5-X7 tourer
1998 Citroen Saxo 1.5D
2018 Citroen C4-B7
1998 Peugeot 306. 1.9D
2011 Citroen C1

Post by JohnD »

As you rightly say, they are a year old. Spheres start loosing pressure from day one. They SHOULD be guarranteed from when you buy them, but I wouldn't fancy arguing about it in two years time.
JohnD
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: 2010 Citroen C5-X7 tourer
1998 Citroen Saxo 1.5D
2018 Citroen C4-B7
1998 Peugeot 306. 1.9D
2011 Citroen C1

Post by JohnD »

Further to the above - if you haven't already fitted them, I would take them back and ask for some fresh ones.
NiSk
My Cars:

Post by NiSk »

It is always the date of sale that counts for any guarantee. Make sure you have the receipt. If they quibble, tell tham that they have sold you old stock!
//NiSk
czenda
My Cars:

Post by czenda »

It is surely 2 yrs from the date of purchase.
I do not know any Amtex spheres - googling through local vendors says Amtex produces heating components [:)].
Belgian I.F.H.S spheres are available here as a cheaper equivalent to the spheres fitted in production.
The big question mark is whether the guarantee covers the pressure for the 2 yrs period.
When purchasing an accumulator sphere, I was said it covers only faulty manufacture. That was why I had the other ones recharged for the price of single I.F.H.S sphere. It was about a year ago and it still seems working fine.
goldfinche
My Cars:

Post by goldfinche »

Thank you all for the replies, I did check with GSF and the answer was 2 years from date of purchase and KEEP the reciept as proof of purchase. So if possible keep all reciepts.
Cheers
Geoff.