Major LHM loss/update

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

np
My Cars:

Post by np »

Right then,put 5 ltrs of LHM in tonight.Started car,nothing.Turned steering wheel a few times,then LHM everywhere.Its coming from the Hydractive unit,from 1 side where the sphere screws on.You can see half of the mating surface of the hydractive unit & sphere,& the other side is hidden.This is where it is leaking from.Possibility of the sphere gone,or sphere seal[?][?]Apart from that,the suspension functions as it should,up/down,sit in the boot & it rise`s etc.
I`m taking it to the local indie garage,there going to replace 7 spheres(acc done last year)do the airbag & abs problem.I dont fancy doing the spheres,& i have no time at the moment.[:(][:)]
np
My Cars:

Post by np »

The Hydractive unit is shot.Garage cant get a new one till tommorrow.They said they have driven the car,& that it rides fine,so the spheres dont need replacing.They said that last year aswell.I think i might just get the spheres & do them myself.They cant last forever!
The ABS problem is a front wheel sensor,& the airbag problem is the steering wheel sliprings/contacts again.Still,should have it back tomorrow.
np
My Cars:

Post by np »

They told me what sensor it was today when they rang me.I did think about telling them to leave it & that i would do it.But then i rememberd your post.Hope ypu get yours sorted ok.
np
My Cars:

Post by np »

[:(!][:(][:0][}:)]Garage cant get a Hydractive unit from anywhere.I cant find one listed anywhere,& nobody has one.It has to come from Citroen France!2 weeks![:0]
The unit has actully split,although they said it is aluminium,so cant be welded.B****r it!
Never mind.At least nothing can go wrong with it while its off the road.(he says touching wood).
[:(!][:(][:)]
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

You mean the alu-body of the hydractive unit has split ?
np
My Cars:

Post by np »

Yes Anders,its split.Dont know how.Very rare to fail/split by all acounts.[:(]
np
My Cars:

Post by np »

Still waiting to get my car back![:(!]
How i miss the power & comfort of my Xantia over the wife`s 1.1 Festa![:I][:o)][:D][:)]