Speedo and AC problem

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

xm-2.5td
My Cars:

Speedo and AC problem

Post by xm-2.5td »

I have a 1997 Series 2 XM 2.5TD which has developed intermittent faults on speedo and AC.
Speedo works until engine gets to nominal temperature and AC sometimes just doesn't start. Today, after 10 minutes of driving, beside the fact that AC switch was ON all the time, AC suddenly started working????
Is there any relay or something that's connecting these two problems?
Thanks
I.
goldfinche
My Cars:

Post by goldfinche »

Hi dont know if this is any help (mine was a 2-1 diesel) but under the glove box I found a relay that was dead (bad connection)this stopped the clutch from pulling in.)It was just bundled in with the wiring harness.Sod of a job to find. Is the A/C pressure down?
Cheers
Geoff.
xm-2.5td
My Cars:

Post by xm-2.5td »

don't think so. When it blows it works just fine...it brings winter inside my car easy..but it's just not starting when I want it, damn thing.
Goldfinche, was that relay only for clutch?
goldfinche
My Cars:

Post by goldfinche »

Yep it appeared to power the compressor clutch.The colour was green relay and the open circuit wire was the black(thin) wire.There were some other bad contacts that were found at the same time.By the side of the fuse box under the glove box there were some heavy plugs and sockets coloured white that showed evidence of burning.,also just by the battery there is a small fuse box that can cut the air con and fans iirc it does tend to burn up.
Good luck
Geoff.
goldfinche
My Cars:

Post by goldfinche »

I dont know if you have a electronic speedo but have had instances of the speed transduser failing when hot ?? Was not on an XM though.Just a thought.
Geoff.
ghostrider
My Cars:

Post by ghostrider »

sounds like the same problems that crop up with Xantias, beraing in mind citroen's love of tranferring problems / design faults between cars, try looking at tha Xantia solutions, things will be in different places but I'd almost bet that the whole thing is essentially the same as the Xantia
Pete
________
Mexico hotels
Last edited by ghostrider on 22 Feb 2011, 06:02, edited 1 time in total.