ZX Wheels & Arches

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Thompatruck
My Cars:

ZX Wheels & Arches

Post by Thompatruck »

I'm looking to put alloys on my newly acquired ZX TD (Memphis) and am well and truly lost on what i'm looking for! One of the blokes trying to sell me alloys said that the ZX has small arches and that it would only fit 15 X 6.5 alloys or I'd have to get the arches rolled. Realising that I don't want some YTS monkey attacking my car and that ideally i'd like to put TSW Venoms on (Alternative rec's gladly received) Does anyone know what I can fit without mods or how expensive/well done rolling is?
I'm presently running 175/65/R14 I was thinking about 205/50/15 ?? which is less than a 2% change for speedo etc.
Grateful for any help! Cheers!
sooty
My Cars:

Post by sooty »

If you go to any of the Tyre Co. websites or suppliers (most of them), some have a interactive chart for your car and state what could be the max. size tyre and rim you fit without any mods, also tell you what offset your rims should have.
I think one Co. is called the 'Tire rack' or 'Tyre rack' ????
Edited by - sooty on 24 Sep 2002 21:34:03
andyg

Post by andyg »

Hi Mark,
you are almost correct about the wheel arches being small unless you own a 16V. I run 7 x 15 alloys on my Volcane which are the max if you're using the correct offset, i have seen 17 inch wheels fitted but the offset was incorrect. The tyres required should be around 195/50x15 - not 205/50x15, check on your standard tyres now and look for the "H" reference marked on the side, mine was 82H, if you want to up your tyre sizes and keep your speedo reading correctly you will need to keep that "H" number the SAME.
Good luck.
greatoaks

Post by greatoaks »

i have my zx sitting pug 205gti 19 alloys, fitted with toyo proxes 195/50vr15 it is at standard ride height. the fronts have loads of clearance but at the rear the inset is very close but not rubbing.