picasso radio

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

crooser

picasso radio

Post by crooser »

a friend wants to know if there is a cd radio that will replace the existing radio in the above vehicle,he had no help from citroen.however i told him that somebody on this forum will know which model fits.
JohnT
My Cars:

Post by JohnT »

I have tried to source one but no luck as the Citroen radio was a dedicated design to the vehicle.
If you do get positve info I will be please to hear it.
John.
Richard Gallagher
My Cars:

Post by Richard Gallagher »

You can get a dedicated Cd/Radio from citroen for the picasso, you will see them regularly advertised on ebay, though with any replacement they do need to be 'assigned' the your particular car by a dealer.
Try looking on www.citroenpicasso.org.uk website, there you will find onfo on how to install other make radios and still get the display on the dash.
gjb02
My Cars:

Post by gjb02 »

You can completely replace the radio cassette with a standard single Din Head Unit CD/MP3/WMA/CD-R, etc .
Depending on the age of the Picasso and the manufacturer of the head unit you can also get an adapter to utilise the existing steering wheel controls.
The benefits to this are predominately in quality and functions given by an aftermarket stereo. Plus you don't have to pay Citroen to 'pair' your stereo to the car.
The aftermarket stereo won't utilise the central dash to display radio information though.
I am using Sony MP3 Headunit in my Picasso, I have an adapter lead so the steering wheel controls work, and it doesn't look out of place....in fact you grow to prefer the look.
You could also replace the standard speakers for an entirely different sound, purely optional of course.[:)]
Why MP3...10 albums recorded (burnt) to a single throw away disc. 4 or 5 of these discs in the glove box and you could have your entire music collection available to you.
Costs : 50 original music CD's £600
50 albums burnt to 5 CDR's £1
Or you could retain the original design Picasso CD Radio...available on Ebay...£60 - £100.
Happy hunting!