Central Locking once again!

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Stansbury
My Cars:

Central Locking once again!

Post by Stansbury »

Okay, in the past this forum has been a goldmine. Everyone has helped out with stupid little problems and major problems. Now, I went out and got a Hayes Manual today. Changed the oil and filter plus drained the diesel filter housing and changed the filter. (Nice smell diesel!) Anyway, adjusted the accelerator cable to enable me to change gear at a rev other than 2500! (Automatic).
Anyway I went to Tesco and parked the car presses my blip and nothing, the doors did not lock. I walked away and close pressing the blip and nothing. This is where is got strange. When I got int the car and started the engine the blip worked. Turn the engine off, no plip! checked the fuse (F4 25A) Not a problem, anybosy have any ideas on what this can be. I know the system works as when the engine is running its okay. I am lost and this is one the hayes manual does not cover!
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

Does the PLIP work if you have the ignition key in service position ? (engine NOT running)
Stansbury
My Cars:

Post by Stansbury »

Okay, the answer is no its only when the engine is running. Also noticed this evening whislt driving that the interior lights do not work and the cigar lighter does not work either. These were all working fine until my trip to Tesco. I am thinking a relay has gone or maybe a bad earth. The Battery is two days old and the alternator is fine so I know its not a source problem.
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

According to these schematics :
http://citroeny.cz/servis/zxser/elektro/elektro.html
- it seems that fuse F8 fits the bill to your Gremlins.