Screaming C3

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Mads
My Cars:

Screaming C3

Post by Mads »

My C3 periodically has a screaming noise, like a braking train [V], fortunately not quit as loud[8D]. The noise is there, from time to time, when the car is rolling, but disappears when braking. Can’t seem to make out from which direction it comes.
Brakes are the most obvious suspects, and on inspection I noticed that a lip has developed on the front disks. I intend to grind it of this weekend and hope that solves the problem. Anyone else experienced similar problems or have any alternative ideas?
Kowalski
My Cars: Ex 05 C5 2.0 HDI Exclusive 145k
Ex 97 Xantia 1.9TD SX 144k
Ex 94 Xantia Dimension 1.9TD 199k

Post by Kowalski »

Unless you've got access to a lathe, that lip on the outside of your brake disc is best left alone, you'll not be able to do a good job with a bench grinder or an angle grinder.
fastandfurryous
My Cars:

Post by fastandfurryous »

sounds to me like you have a small stone stuck in your brakes. they make an awful noise, which does usually disappear under braking. Get it out quick before it scores the disc.
Mads
My Cars:

Post by Mads »

Thanks for the tip and warning.., guess I'll have to take the front brakes apart and have a look for any trapped stones this weekend. Was planning to remove the lip with an angle grinder, but I'll have to reconsider that now.