Pollen Filter

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Gregg1100
My Cars:

Pollen Filter

Post by Gregg1100 »

<font color="blue"><font size="2"><font face="Comic Sans MS"><b>Hi All,
I changed my pollen filter in the Xantia, today. What a mess. I had removed it a while ago, and dug loads of crud out of it.
I had to refit it because it was too late in the day to get one, then forgot about it.
I am actually getting air into the car now, both hot and cold. This filter will now be a twice yearly change for me now.
See Pic.
</b></font id="Comic Sans MS"></font id="size2"></font id="blue"> Image
<font color="blue"><font size="2"><font face="Comic Sans MS"><b> Greg</b></font id="Comic Sans MS"></font id="size2"></font id="blue">
Kowalski
My Cars: Ex 05 C5 2.0 HDI Exclusive 145k
Ex 97 Xantia 1.9TD SX 144k
Ex 94 Xantia Dimension 1.9TD 199k

Post by Kowalski »

I just changed my pollen filter after about 25k miles. It's amazing now, I feel a breeze in my face with the fan on auto, where as before I used to have the fan going flat out to produce less breeze and rather more noise.
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

Just incase you didn't know, pollen filters are treated with carbon that turns black as it works. This makes the fitlers always look dirty, but this is a good sign as it shows it's doing its job.
Gregg1100
My Cars:

Post by Gregg1100 »

<font color="blue"><font size="3"><font face="Comic Sans MS">Hi Stuart,
I didn`t know that about the filters. Thanks for that.
I meant to put my previous post in with the other Pollen Filter post, but forgot it was there.
I also put a Magic Tree air freshener on the incoming side of pollen filter. Got a nice smelling car now.[8D]
Greg</font id="Comic Sans MS"></font id="size3"></font id="blue">
np
My Cars:

Post by np »

The pollen filter needs changing at 6k mile`s as part of normal servicing on diesels,& 9k mile`s on petrols.Thats on the mk1 models,before the restyle.In the summer,mine gets clogged up with dust from the building sites i work on.It really does make a difference to the heater/a/con.
xantiav6

Post by xantiav6 »

Only some pollen filters have activated carbon layers. I have a GSF filter in my hand now and I am sure that it is just a paper filter with no carbon layer.
The puravent filter does have a carbon layer, but is more expensive.
I don't know about genuine Citroen filters.