C5 suspension leaks

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

bencowell

C5 suspension leaks

Post by bencowell »

My C5 2.0 HDI 110 is in the garage for rear suspension leaks again. [V]
Am I going to be driven mad in a Berlingo 1.9D while repairs are being carried out? The C2 1.1 drove me mad because it had minimal in-gear acceleration.
Ben
p.s. it is a van bacuase the garage is out of courtesy cars.
hswift
My Cars:

Post by hswift »

Not dripping hydraulic fluid from just behind the gaiter by any chance? Started happening to mine shortly after they re-built the back end for the tyre wear problem. Coincidence or not?
Do they re-con the hydraulic ram with new seals etc? Mine is still waiting for the parts more than a month after diagnosis - surely they're not that difficult to source?
H
bencowell

Post by bencowell »

It is the 3rd leak from the rear, twice before it looks like the joint in the middle behind the rear axle. This time it appears to be coming from the drivers side strut.
The passenger side strut was replaced when the axle was changed (as it broke in their hands) now the other side is leaking.
My suspension isn't quiet enough and feels unforgiving and hard on rough surfaces. It is great on rough A roads at speed, but sppalling round town, especially unladen while going through downhil corners where the tarmac is rippled.