rear brake pressure regulator.

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

caveman_si
My Cars:

rear brake pressure regulator.

Post by caveman_si »

im just cross posting in here cos you guys are a lot more active (and have more spare parts lying around then in the pug forum)
I need a spring for a rear brake pressure regulator for 405 estate (m reg).
I just want the spring not the whole unit as the nice man from peugeot says it £73 +vat
I have been reliably informed that there is a comparable spring on a citroen but no idea which one. And id be happy for one of those too.
Or does anyone know where i can get a new one cheap???
cheers si
jeremy
My Cars:

Post by jeremy »

Well I haven't got one on my BX and nor have Xantia, XM, XM, GS or DS will have one. That leaves the steel sprung ones and our ZX 1.9D hasn't got one but I think my long deceased Renault 21 did have one.
Jeremy
vanny
My Cars:

Post by vanny »

Ha, reliably informed. I said there MIGHT be one! It wont be on a hydraulic cit thats for sure. The spring seems to hold a big flap closed on the back of the ABS regulator, not strictly sure what it does as the 405 isn't hydraulic and is therefore WRONG!
Having checked the parts lists, the Berlingo has almost an identical thing, but again you cant by the little thin spring without buying the whole damn pressure regulator. But it does suggest however that i might be possible to use the spring from a Xsara maybe?
caveman_si
My Cars:

Post by caveman_si »

Sorry reliably informed that there "MIGHT" be a comparable part.
Sheesh you forget one word. Im sure it was there when i typed it.
Cheers for looking for me tho Vanny.