plastic clip, I wish

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

captain scarlet

plastic clip, I wish

Post by captain scarlet »

Hi can anyone help me with some advice.
My rear suspension has collapsed and I have jacked it up ***ecting the clip link to have come of. However the clip is still attached to the metal spring which is no longer attached to the rest of the spring!!!!! snapped. Is this a difficult jo? It does not look like a good one. Can not drive to garage and dont want to pay a towing fee, would rather fix myself. Any idea of part numbers etc.
Thanks for any advice
Richard Gallagher
My Cars:

Post by Richard Gallagher »

I'm a little puzzled by your description of the spring. The plastic clip connects between a clamp on the anti-roll bar then onto what is basically a metal bracket. Yes there are springs in the bracket but the clip does not attach directly to them.
The bracket costs £100 new so a breakers looks like your best option if its broken.
captain scarlet

Thanks, the clip is still attached to roll bar but the other end still has a piece of metal in it wich looks like it has snapped off from the bit with all the hydraulic pipes comming off it! Is that the HC unit?
captain scarlet

Hi apoligies. Please ignore previous post, have put my glasses on and On closer inspection the piece of metal has broken away from the roll bar!! Is this the part used for height correction! Is it easy to replace, looks like only two bols but one looks really ineccesable.
oilyspanner
My Cars:

Post by oilyspanner »

The HC units unbolt quite easily complete with all the springs,and from memory three hydraulic lines, a breakers might supply one and its easy enough to fit if you can get the rear of the car up on ramps USUAL WARNING ABOUT WORKING UNDER HYDRAULIC CITS, THESE CARS CAN AND HAVE KILLED.
Stewart
Kowalski
My Cars: Ex 05 C5 2.0 HDI Exclusive 145k
Ex 97 Xantia 1.9TD SX 144k
Ex 94 Xantia Dimension 1.9TD 199k

Post by Kowalski »

Sounds like what happened to one of my Xantias. The ball came off the rear height corrector of my older Xantia. It was put back in its hole and hand some weld on the back of it and its not cause any problems since.
The ball came off mine because it was a bit loose and my Dad decided it could be made tight again by rivetting it on so out came the hammer....