XANTIA WINDOW REGULATOR

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

XANTY

XANTIA WINDOW REGULATOR

Post by XANTY »

Hi you guys, I wondered if anybody has come across a problem with the drivers side window regulator/electric winder mechanism. I have a year 2000 (W) reg 2.0L hdi hatchback that I only just purchased. The previous owner fitted a new electric window winder but it stops every inch or three both going up and down.Also it clunks when it gets to about half way down. He says he thought he wired it wrongly but I thought it would just be a simple plug connection. I intend to have the door panel off this weekend and have a look at whats going on in there, but I would be greatful for any advice anyone has regarding this matter, before I go ploughing into it!
many thanks XANTY
spanners123456
My Cars:

Post by spanners123456 »

I DO REMEMBER A CITROEN BULLETIN SENT OUT ABOUT RESETTING THE SENSETIVITY ON MK2 XANTIA WINDOWS WILL LOOK IT UP IN WORK TOMORROW.
XANTY

Post by XANTY »

thanks spanners that would be great.
spanners123456
My Cars:

Post by spanners123456 »

sorry busy in work today will check the bulletins on weekend.[:0]
XANTY

Post by XANTY »

Hi spanners,and enybody else who might like to help, had the panel off today, Its a bodge in there but it got the guy out of trouble I suppose, there is a multi plug coming from the switch to a multi plug to the body of the old winder motor.this carries five wires.Then the drive end ie the mechanism and motor have been removed, to reveal two outputs from the five wires that entered,then these two wires (outputs) go straight onto the new units inputs- cos it only has inputs for two wires. so the big question is where is the brain or control box that is supposed to work with the new winder/regulator unit.it is obviously a new standalone componant and not built in the new style of unit.the new unit is from megnetti marelli. ANSWERS ON A POSTCARD.... please. LOL
XANTY

Post by XANTY »

Can anybody help ?