C5 Cruise control

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

406 V6
My Cars:

C5 Cruise control

Post by 406 V6 »

Guys, i remember something about the cruise control being fitted to a berlingo.
The enlightened mechanics around here, haven't the faintest idea wether it is possible or not.
After seeing an italian article regarding the fitment of the CC to a 307, where they say that all is needed is to fit the control stick and tell the BSi that CC is present, i see no difficulty.
Can you confirm?
Thanks!
Richard Gallagher
My Cars:

Post by Richard Gallagher »

Yes you are correct, I had it fitted to my Berlingo HDI last year and it still works fine.
406 V6
My Cars:

Post by 406 V6 »

Thanks Richard, i'm on the move[;)]
Will tell how did it go later (cross your fingers!)
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

some models may also require an additional brake switch to be fitted.
406 V6
My Cars:

Post by 406 V6 »

Is that easy to fit, the cabling is already there? ISn't the brake switch for the lights sufficient?
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

it only takes seconds to fit (well on a RHD anyway),it mounts right next to the one for the brake lights & costs about £5.the cabling should already be there,the one with the white plug is for the brake lights & the red plug is for the CC.i belive later models have a dual funtion brake switch.
406 V6
My Cars:

Post by 406 V6 »

Thanks!
I'll check for the switch this weekend, or probably tomorrow, if i have the time for it.
If it's not there, i'll order it too.
I've already dismatled the steering wheel housing for practice [:)], and all's there.
The CC handle/thingy (can you help me out with the correct word?) costs €37 at Peugeot + VAT, and €39 (+VAT?) at Citroën. 'Cos i like Citroën most..what's 2 euros?! And they are almost the same distance from me, anyway.
406 V6
My Cars:

Post by 406 V6 »

Fellas, the switch i have is a double (4 wires) one, white.
After calling to Citroën through an "insider", they say they will enable the function, BUT Citroën won't be responsible for any problems that may arise, as they explain in an internal note from France.
It seems that some cars had problems with this equipment fitted post-factory, in one case, the car got stuck in 120kms/h.
Do i continue with the fitment?
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

there is no difference between the factory fit CC & fitting it afterwards so if there was gonna be a problem with it it could happen just the same as it could if it was factory fitted.i would still get it fitted.
looks like you dont need the additional brake switch then if you have the 4 wire type.
I think the word you are looking for is the CC stalk.
Thunderbird

Post by Thunderbird »

Francisco,
120km/h on the city seems a little excessive... [;)]
Then again, driving would be much easier - you would only have to use the brake... [:D]
Now, talking seriously, 99% of what Citroen says is crap. One day we'll discover they're not the ones making the cars. [:D] I would go for it!!!
Test it well and let me know if it is safe, so that I may install it too. [}:)]
406 V6
My Cars:

Post by 406 V6 »

You can betcha!
Thanks fellas!
Too bad i'll have to wait till tuesday for the stalk, they don't have it in stock, and at this time, the parts counter is closed...
T-bird, you are being a naughty boy with that signature of yours...[;)]