Xantia Minimum Height - Problem?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

tonyb1
My Cars:

Xantia Minimum Height - Problem?

Post by tonyb1 »

Hi guys, doing my usual checks today I decided to put it on minimum height, something I must say I never bother doing, just to see if it went down okay. The front went down nicely but the rear stayed put, I waited for a couple of minutes and no change. I checked it on the other settings and it rises and falls as it should, but the rear wont drop to minimum height. When I switch off the engine, the car lowers at both ends as it should. The citearobics goes well. Is this anything to worry about? Thanks.
jeremy
My Cars:

Post by jeremy »

It sounds to me as though the rear height corrector isn't working properly and needs its linkage greasing and freeing. Worth having a look at the nylon link.
Leave the car - fluid leaks back to the reservoir - car drops. To achieve this to order means using the height corrector to release the pressure.
jeremy
Richard Gallagher
My Cars:

Post by Richard Gallagher »

Is your Xantia fitted with anti-sink?
The reason I mention that is because I've noticed on a few Xantias that I've bought recently where the suspension has not been 'exercised' that the rear is rather reluctant to go all the way down.
What seems to be happening is that the cylinders and height correctors become 'stuck' in their normal height position due to the anti-sink.
Try leaving the suspension on its lowest setting overnight, even releasing the pressure on the 12mm bolt on the accumulator, then after a few days (just like a rusty hinge) the rear settles down.
If this doesn't work then when was the LHM replaced/consider Hydraflush.
jeremy
My Cars:

Post by jeremy »

As your xantia is 1994 it may be fitted with anti-sink but as you say it goes down when left I assume its not!
jeremy