where to fit the cd changer

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

den169
My Cars:

where to fit the cd changer

Post by den169 »

Iv'e got a cd player for my Xantia its not a genuine citroen but a kenwood can someone tell me where they fit the cd changer on the xantia estate is it in the back or under a seat.
thanks
Dave Burns
My Cars:

Post by Dave Burns »

This may not be appropriate for the estate version, but I made a steel box from 1/8th plate at work and put a five lever safe lock in the lid.
The suspension mounting bolt's on the Xantia protrude a good distance through the nut's, so I made some extensions to screw onto them and bolted the box down onto those extensions.
CD changer is protected from shock's because the box is lined with thick foam rubber, its also protected from any load's carried and is as theft proof as it gets.
The car can't be driven away because of the coded keypad so I am confident about also using it for the safe keeping of things like wallets and the face from the head unit while I'm away from the car.
Dave
roscopervis
My Cars:

Post by roscopervis »

I have put my cd changer uder the passenger seat. As it is in the centre of the car it is far less prone to skipping as the car goes over bumps. In fact it hasnt skipped once and the cables dont have to go so far from the head unit.
JohnD
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: 2010 Citroen C5-X7 tourer
1998 Citroen Saxo 1.5D
2018 Citroen C4-B7
1998 Peugeot 306. 1.9D
2011 Citroen C1

Post by JohnD »

My daughter had a CD player fitted by the Cit dealer when she bought her Xsara last month. The radio/cassette player was left in and the CD player was fitted under the passenger seat.