xsara locking

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

mushy369
My Cars:

xsara locking

Post by mushy369 »

I have a 98 xsara 1.9TD. Recently the locking went a bit weird. at times it would lock fine with the plip and the lock, and other times the doors outomatically re-opened.
for the last few days when the doors re-opened the drivers door stayed locked and had to open with the key.
i had a look at the hinge area and saw a broken wire and a few that were bare. i repaired the broken wire and now all doors including the drivers re-open after locked.
a friend mentioned that he heard you could cross a couple of wires to think that all doors were closed in case that was the problem. does anyone know about this and if so what wires?
is there anything else that could be the problem??
cheers
Forth
My Cars:

Post by Forth »

Sounds like you've got the same problem as afflicts some of the ZXs.... wish I could suggest a solution or even a definite location of where the circuit has gone wrong --- but I'm still looking for that myself.
tomsheppard
My Cars:

Post by tomsheppard »

Oh, dear. I am currently in the middle of writing a screed on central locking, but as it is unfinished, you may want the following tips: You have mended the initial problem so there may be little wrong. Certain BXs suffer from this annoying "bounce" the buttons go down and then pop up again. It is almost certainly caused by the contacts within the door switch becoming corroded with age and corrupting the signals to the black box. I have seen capacitors placed across the incoming wires to the black box. 100nF 50V is about right. This should alleviate it. The other thing that is worth doing is ensuring that the box is watertight.