So sorry

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

Are these mods dealer fit. Or do you have to pay shed loads of more money to look that bad?
oscarloco
My Cars:

Post by oscarloco »

Help me! I'm blind! The first car looks OK except for the exhaust tips. The second one, well how can I say this, IT REALLY SUCKS!
dillosk8ter
My Cars:

Post by dillosk8ter »

I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with the second BX? What inspired that?
davek-uk
My Cars:

Post by davek-uk »

Drugs?
NiSk
My Cars:

Post by NiSk »

Star wars??
//NiSk
NiSk
My Cars:

Post by NiSk »

Well, if they'd done a 6R4 with the red BX, I might actually forgive the bodywork . . .
//NiSk
tomsheppard
My Cars:

Post by tomsheppard »

I'd seen the top photo before and I'm glad he got it finished. You may not like it but in France, there is little that can be done to modify cars as we do here and there is plenty of work, time and workmanship in that red BX. I don't like it myself but Well Done mate.
xantiaBFY
My Cars:

Post by xantiaBFY »

what about this..
lighteninguk

Post by lighteninguk »

i have the feeling they didnt realy want/like the front of a the bx........ imprezia will do lol
vanny
My Cars:

Post by vanny »

That looks mean AND expensive! But way too much and way too plastically, however i don't see it and want to kill it, theres been a lot of thought put into it and although maybe i think it's way over the top it has been loved!
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

Well the back end has had a lot of work done on it, and normally I would have thought of that as OTT. Although when you look at the front of the car, and see that very aggressive overworked front end, it then makes the back end look subtle in comparison. [:D] [:D]
vanny
My Cars:

Post by vanny »

I had considered removing the rubbing strips off the side of mine, but not anymore! Do like the body coloured handles though. I also like the raised 'nose on the bonnet in order to raise the grill, again the 'new' style Citroen badge on the front is something else im now put off going, at least not like that anyways!
bxbodger
My Cars:

Post by bxbodger »

The BX is never really going to be a top choice for customisers and rodders in the old school sense, its just too ugly to start with and has three too many doors, and although the red one has had the back doors presumeably welded shut and covered with the bodykit, its still obviously a four door car, and the only four doors that can ever be made to look good are yanks or PA/B/C Vauxhalls.
oilyspanner
My Cars:

Post by oilyspanner »

Judge Dredd?[:o)]for the second BX the first one looks slightly reasonable apart from tailpipe envy
Stewart[8D]
Daniel B
My Cars:

Post by Daniel B »

The second one (I have never seen before) has a tidy effort on the back end.
However, in my humble opinion, I don't like the front grille/badge/multiple scoops/vents/bonnet pins.
Whoever did it though, has done a damned good job of getting it to fit almost perfectly, if you look at where the bumper meets the wheelarches, and just under the indicators.
I would only contemplate a front end that agressive (Bumper only) if she was putting out around 250BHP - ie a Turbo/Super charger/NOS.
Oh and I think the front wheels are too far in to justfiy the large front arch overhangs - too much gappage in my opinion.
Imagine the evo's/scoobies who will happily destroy you otherwise ;o)