Help - doin' the glowplugs!!

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

Which model Citroen have you got? Xantia, ZX etc.
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

You can get at number four plug. Do a site search first as there's loads of tips 'n' threads. I found that by soaking the plug with plus gas or other unsiezing spray and then getting a cheap set of spanners (think it's 10mm) and bending them to the right direction (left) you can crack the plug just enough to get it out with you fingers. As for the nut on the end, again a little patience and some sticky tape helps you get it back on. I managed to do all four glow plugs on my old ZX TD with out any pipe removal in about 2 hours total most time on plug four. Belive me I've got BIG hands, like shovels (6' 6" tall). Take your time and keep calm. have a coffe and or a fag. As for getting the car in the air, what you up to? If your doing a regular oil 'n' filter change you'll be alright with regular axel stands and a trolley jack to lift. You can place under the door (front)sills but make sure you don't push them in. Or you can put under the front sub frame (the bit that joins the engine bay to the body). Hope this helps. See you later.