alarm problems on the ZX!

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

wilkobob
My Cars:

Post by wilkobob »

You could... disable the sounder under the bonet, then in the fusebox, there is a black relay for flashing the lights on the front of the car, simply remove it (from memory I think its the 4th one along on the top row of relays, however check when you remove it that its not something else. I found this out by chance, as my lights didnt flash and I wanted them to!
Simon
oldnail
My Cars:

Post by oldnail »

On my 97 SX TD theres no key slot either under the bonnet or on module.
Removing module did not effect central locking.
One other thing sometimes disconnecting the 12 volt car battery and leaving it disconnected for ten minutes then re connecting (the alarm will now go off disable as normal)cures all alarm faults.At least for a short while ie half an hour to six months then all the problems start again.Plenty of links to this just type in alarm.
Forth
My Cars:

Post by Forth »

"Forth - will this still let me use the keyfob to open doors ?"
Yes, the keyfob door opening will continue to work exactly as before. Nothing is knocked out except the siren and flashing of the lights.
zxb29
My Cars:

Post by zxb29 »

Hello Chaps..
ok i had i look today, tried to take the box out from within the wing and looks like theres no key slot to turn it off, under the passenger from seat theres nothing what am i exactly looking for?
On closer inpection it looks like my driver side front door has shifted a bit looks like door hinges are well worn so i adjusted the lock holder catch on the frame by pushing it a bit back, door closes nicely now....so far alarm hasnt gone off.
Im working tonight till 7.30 am, so ive asked the guard on the door to keep an eye out on my car in case the alarm has gone off
fingers crossed !