Last BX registered.

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

dillosk8ter
My Cars:

Last BX registered.

Post by dillosk8ter »

When were the last BX's registered in the UK cause I've seen two with unusually recent plates......when I worked for Ikea Cardiff a member of staff had an 'M' reg estate and also locally someone (briefly) had a TZD on an 'N' plate!!!!!!!
Jon

Post by Jon »

The very last BX's were all diesel estates, I've seen some L reg ones and one M reg, which was registered having sat unsold for some time. Never seen an N Reg. They officially stopped importing them into the UK in 1994.
dillosk8ter
My Cars:

Post by dillosk8ter »

caught my eye cause it was shiny red in showroom condition.....I had to looke twice at the plate!!
mbunting
My Cars:

Post by mbunting »

Also worth remembering that you cannot use a registration plate to make a car appear newer than it is.
In other words, you could not put a 52 plate on a bx, but you could put an old reg onto a C4.
Jon, I'm getting seriously worried that you're turning into a BX Nerd !
Dave Bamber
My Cars:

Post by Dave Bamber »

L and M reg BX estates where kept in production as the Xantia estate was not available until 1994/5 modal year.
dillosk8ter
My Cars:

Post by dillosk8ter »

Weirder still the TZD was a hatch and was DEFINATLY an 'N' reg?!
FDV
(Donor 2016)
My Cars:

Post by FDV »

Saw an M reg estate the other day. Awful car! Made up of loads of old unusd bits, so had basic trim on outside but was actually a TD!
tomsheppard
My Cars:

Post by tomsheppard »

Lovely! the TD trim is ugly, the basic is neat. Does Swansea know?
FDV
(Donor 2016)
My Cars:

Post by FDV »

Haha! Well it had the thin stripes around the bumpers and doors. pre 1992 front bumper. Didn't see the wheel trims. But looks like a GTi/TZD interior.
alan s
RIP 2010
My Cars:

Post by alan s »

It can sometimes happen that cars get stored away from main distribution outlets, dealers get into financial strife or deals struck with distributors go sour and a couple of cars seem to drop off the radar for a while.
When I was with the Toyota dealer, we were given the offer of getting a one off import which was a fastback version of a current model and had everything that opened & shut as regards luxuries. Price was marginally over the standard version and only about 20 were brought into the country. Beleive it or not, we couldn't sell it even after we had gone as far as doing special write ups in the local paper as to how exclusive a car this really was. So, I took a gamble and sent it to the "big smoke" (approx 20 miles away) and put it through the Auto Auction. We collected $350 profit on it, which was better than it sounded due to the fact that we had owned it for 3 years, paid floor plan costs and general overheads attributed to each vehicle and to make it even crazier, it was another dealer who bought it and complained that it sold as soon as it hit his floor as he would have liked to have got some publicity out of it.....weird business the car business.[:p][:p][:p]
Alan S[8D]