ZX Club website??

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

citroenzx
My Cars:

Post by citroenzx »

Yuck! Frontplague! how could such a thing be suggested. :)
Give this a try http://www.nvu.com/ its a free web page creator, looks like a cut down of dreamweaver. but even before all that the best place to start is a design a piece of paper with post it notes as your links and a good HTML book, always learn the code before using one of these flashy design progs.
The main thing you have to get your head round is that web publishing is very different from desktop publishing, i.e things have to be put in a uniform manner.
Once a home/index page is created you can then just expand on the theme.
Good shout on getting the domain name sorted, would be happy to help on getting the site up and running.
ActivaV6uk
My Cars: C5 X7 2.7 hdi

Past cars
Activa, silver MK1 (221bhp stock) stripped out with twin sparcos Evo seats. 95
Activa, light met red MK1 98
Activa, dark met red MK1 98
Activa, dark met blue MK1 (202bhp stock) 96
Xantia exclusive V6 auto 3l 98
Xantia 2l 8v auto
BX 4x4 GTi dark met silver
BX 4x4 GTi white
BX GTi 16v white fibre bumpers
BX GTi 16v black fibre bumpers
BX GTi 16v hurricane (doa)
BX DTR estate

Post by ActivaV6uk »

Ive been drowned in LHM befor as they say what dosent kill you makes you stronger :P
FP is fine if you cna use word, and the version with IE is free... each to there own i guess :)
citroenzx
My Cars:

Post by citroenzx »

Yeh its a good place to start, but you just don't get the code skill. Anyway before this turns in to a complete tekkie microsoft bashing session we shall stop and concentrate on the topic at hand.
dillosk8ter
My Cars:

Post by dillosk8ter »

That would be a wicked idea!! Think there are enough fans of the car about. Found promotional section from 1992 Auto Express New Car Awards for the ZX where it scooped; Overall Champion/Car of the year, top diesel car and top compact car. Also when unveiled in 1991 What Car hailed it as 'the nearest thing yet to the perfect family car' and Autocar said 'the best car in the real world'. There was a quite good ZX fan site a few years ago by a Turkish guy I printed stuff off but don't think it exists anymore. The AA site has quite a few good road tests and comparisons of the ZX ranging from 1991 to '98 including detailed buyers guide. Nice ZX on ebay at the mo attracting alot of bids:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 05263&rd=1
My ZX is getting new exhaust and clutch tomorrow, is 94,000 miles from a clutch good?
Citroenzx, think I might try that soundproofing trick you recommeded, how effective is it?
Also the only other ZX trait that irritates me aside from 'cords' is the truely crappy factory fitted stereo with useless tape deck that constantly brakes....thank god I replaced mine with CD player, in fact when original unit was removed there were three yellow stickers giving dates it had been repaired!!!!
citroenzx
My Cars:

Post by citroenzx »

The sound deadening (proofing it is not :) is noticable, the doors make a bump rather than a bong when you hit them. I'm not suggesting that it's anywhere neer as good as any dynamat or alternative but for only £3 or so to do 1 door card it got to be worth a try.
citroenzx
My Cars:

Post by citroenzx »

http://www.carsurvey.org/model_Citroen_ZX.html has some good info on it Vanny.
dillosk8ter
My Cars:

Post by dillosk8ter »

I wrote review 'The best small family car of early 1990's'
citroenzx
My Cars:

Post by citroenzx »

Good man :)
vanny
My Cars:

Post by vanny »

it's on it's way! Domain http://www.zxclub.co.uk/ is registered, it's just waiting to point to the files and its away! the host reckons three hours, i reckon one max (there usually VERY fast with this sort of thing) so if you get 'Error 403 then it's not pointing to the files yet!
But i need content!
I'd ask members of this forum who have a ZX and want it featured (specifically 'citroenZX' [:D] ) please send me a couple of pics (i can accept everything bar !Sprite files) and a biref history of who you are and a little about your car!
Dillosk8ter im gonna add your review to the site if thats okay, i'll try to do a brief on the range but i'll probably get most of it wrong, can't say i know much about it!
This is kinda fun, shows you how fast it can be done as well!
dillosk8ter
My Cars:

Post by dillosk8ter »

Thats cool, I'll have to dig out pics of it and scan 'em soon too.
dillosk8ter
My Cars:

Post by dillosk8ter »

Citroenet has good section on range and info on prototypes.
VLL
My Cars:

Post by VLL »

Cool, i'll send you some pictures and info on my Volcane, would deffo contribute to a ZX owners page.
dillosk8ter
My Cars:

Post by dillosk8ter »

I've posted a message on the Citroen Car Club ZX forum appealing for contributions. looking good so far vanny.
citroenzx
My Cars:

Post by citroenzx »

Superb stuff vanny! i'll mail you some stuff over.
vanny
My Cars:

Post by vanny »

got a little more content going, but i'll wait a day before i do any more! If you wanna add content email it to zxclub@bxproject.co.uk (please note this is a temp address)