Xantia Radio/Cassette

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

littleredrooster

Xantia Radio/Cassette

Post by littleredrooster »

I have recently bought a 2001 Xantia with the standard radio/cassette unit fitted. I noticed that, in the audio manual, there is reference to an optional CD stacker that fits in the boot.
Is it possible to retro-fit the stacker unit? Will the wiring already be there?
I am reluctant to fit the CD player from my previous car, because that would mean losing the fingertip controls.
Thanks in anticipation, chaps.
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

There are a couple of different types - most seem to be the Clarion type, there will be a 13 pin connection on the rear for the CD changer - do a search on the forum because its cropped up more than once.
The retro fit is fairly straightforward if the cable fron the head unit is in place - have a look under the carpet under the drivers seat - or behind the carpet trim in the boot on the offside. In some cases its there - though in my LX spec car it wasnt - which is why i went the route of swapping the head unit.
If not look for a CD unit with the correct cable as the cables can cost up to £40. Identify your radio type as well (may mean pulling it out to check the model number) This will ID the make and compatable CD changer.
silverback

Post by silverback »

I got mine from Ebay.
The lead required supplies power and enables the steering wheel controls.
There are a few advertised on there now, with or without the lead.
littleredrooster

Post by littleredrooster »

Thanks, guys. A veritable mine of knowledge again.
:-)
mallyg
My Cars:

Post by mallyg »

Silverback, I too am looking for a cd stacker for my M reg Xantia please could you give me some item numbers that you have seen on ebay or tell me what to search for. Thanks