Xantia tailgate membrane seal

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

bernie
My Cars:

Xantia tailgate membrane seal

Post by bernie »

Having replaced the blue relay for the wiper I now need to seal the membrane.[:)]
I used EVO-Stick black silicone, sticks well to the plastic tailgate but will not stick to the plastic membrane.[:(!]
So what's the answer?
Has anyone found a suitable adhesive?
Answers please before it rains and floods the back of the car.[:(][:(][:(]
jeremy
My Cars:

Post by jeremy »

I think I used double sided tape when I did my BX door. I used a breathable membrane similar to the original if a little thicker.
jeremy
Homer
My Cars: Current:
Volvo V60 D4 180

Previous:
BX16RS (two of),
BX19TZI,
Xantia 2.0i saloon,
Xantia 2.0 Exclusive CT turbo Break,
Peugeot 807 2.0 HDi 110,
Renault Grand Scenic, 2.0 diesel (150bhp)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi 160 which put me off French cars possibly forever

Post by Homer »

No good for the Xantia boot hatch as it is designed as part of the water channel.
I've used a good outdoor qualiy builders sealant with some success. Seal around the edge then tape it down with waterproof tape.
Richard Gallagher
My Cars:

Post by Richard Gallagher »

Why not use Ducktape, that seals just about everything including 'pesky kids' on Easter holiday!
np
My Cars:

Post by np »

I`ve sealed mine 3 times now.The last time i used a mastic seal strip for caravans.About an inch wide,by about 10 ft long.You can get a box of it for about £7 at any good caravan shop.You just stick it onto the membrain,then peal off the backing & refit,pushing on as you go.Hav`nt had any probs since.Also known as awning rail sealer,grey in colour.
ghostrider
My Cars:

Post by ghostrider »

The big question has to be Why? for F****s sake a tailgate sealed by a bit of plastic sheet. YOU CANNOT BE SERIOUS!!!!! [:D] [:D] [:D] [:D] [:D] [:D] [:D] but they are, In my job as a noise control engineer when it doesn't go right, the motto seems to be do something, do anything, looks like Citroen got there before us [:D] [:D]
So much so that last time I used some foam backed double sided tape left over from a do something, do anything Incident, [:D] [:D] [:D]
Pete
________
WOMEN'S HEALTH FORUMS
Last edited by ghostrider on 22 Feb 2011, 06:00, edited 1 time in total.