Clock Connections

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Stansbury
My Cars:

Clock Connections

Post by Stansbury »

Hi,
I tried to remove the dash clocks early yesterday morning. I managed to get the hazard lights and all the other buttons off, I got the steering wheel surround off but when I got to the clocks I paniced. How easy is it to take the clocks off. I need to change the bulbs and know where they are etc but I need to find out what type of connections are behind the clocks. Can I just unclip them the clip them back?? Also I am changing the lights behind the heater and replacing the matrix which I can so without problems but this issue with the clocks is stopping me from driving at night!. Also there is a clock on the dash board which does not illuniate. Is this a bulb or is the clock just broken. I can see it during the day (barely) but at night its impossible.
Thank you in advance.
jeremy
My Cars:

Post by jeremy »

To change the instruement lights you need 6to remove the whole of the binnacle front - knobs can stay in place. haynes instructions are quite good. You have to go through the fuse area under the dash to remove the speedo cable and take the bonnet release off. You may also need to remove the steering wheel - be careful if you have an airbag - it should be turned off or something.
Heater matrix means taking all the dash out - yes that means the whole thing from side to side - not the thing to do in half an hour before going to the pub.
Clock has a bulb in it - I think it gently prises out.
All bulbs are in little twist holders - the bulb can then be replaced in the holder. Buy a bucket full and repplace everything in site! Dont forget to look ubder the cover on the back of the instruement panel - there are one or two more there.
Haynes is quite good on all this - alternatively search on here and you will certainly find discussions on matrix and iinstruement bulb replacements.
jeremy