Xsara Aircon problem

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

jochem
My Cars:

Xsara Aircon problem

Post by jochem »

Hello again...
Still like my nice newish Xsara, but I've found another weird problem.
Last Saturday was warm so I thought I would use the aircon for the first time. First 10 minutes all seemed fine, except for weird burping/ gurgling noises coming from somewhere behind the glovebox (I think). Then the internal fan stopped working....though I could feel that cold air was still trying to come out of the vents. The fan wouldn't work under any circumstances i.e. with/without aircon on. I did notice that I could sometimes trip the fan to work by suddenly turning the blower knob on full (you can hear a faint click) and then the fan started to sort of splutter into life. All the way back home, the fan switch was turned onto full, but the air only dribbled out in little spurts as the fan whirred back into life every second or so.
The next day, the fan was back to normal as long as I didn't try using the aircon.
I've read a few posts on this subject and have tried cleaning the brown plug on what i think is the thermostat housing (in fact I cleaned all the brown plugs!!). People here have also mentioned something called a Bitron unit?
The car is a W reg. and has been well maintained....any thoughts what problem this might be....I'd be very grateful as usual!!
Also, if anyone knows a good Citroen aircon prof.in N/W London?

Best wishes to all,
Jochem
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

Any auto air con man should be able to help. As always it's a matter of cost. Try a local search of your area using www.yell.com