FOR SALE Citroen AX Debut

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

phil02

FOR SALE Citroen AX Debut

Post by phil02 »

After all the helpful advice I've recieved on here in the past, I thought I'd let you know my AX is for sale if anyone would like it.
It's a 1993 'K' 1.0i Debut in Sapphire Blue, with 121,400 miles on the clock. Sounds like a lot, but it's pretty much average and it runs fine, no nasty noises or anything.
It comes with a folder full of reciepts and bills from my ownership (since June 2002) and I can promise I have looked after it very well - it's been garaged throughout the time I've owned it and regularly polished. I am about to go and give it a good wash, polish and hoover later today.
The new parts it's had since June 2002 include:
Radiator
Alternator
Head Gasket
Water Pump
Starter Motor Solenoid
O/S Headlight (not accident damage, just old one was cracked)
HT Leads
Stepper Motor (Auto Choke)
Brake pads/calipers/discs
The cambelt was changed in October 2002 at 103,930 miles and it's been regularly serviced every 5/6 months. It flew through its last two MOTs without any work needed.
Faults? If I'm honest, there is some rust around the top and side of the passenger side of the windscreen, but it passed its MOT a few weeks ago with it so it's not a big deal and it's the only real rust on the car. There is a small oil leak from the gearbox crankcase but it is very small and it's been there pretty much since I bought it.
There are some small dents and marks (it's an AX after all!) but nothing significant.
Interior is clean and nothing is broken save for one glovebox hinge, but this doesn't make much difference to it opening/closing. It comes with the better AX radio (not the basic original - so traffic info, RDS etc.).
It has an MOT until Jan 28th 2006 and tax until end of April. It has had an AX GT steering wheel fitted although the original is included, as is a Haynes manual and maybe if I'm feeling generous some colour polish & colour T-cut since my new car is red and I won't need it.
I will be placing some photos on http://www27.brinkster.com/themusicclub once it's been cleaned and polished (it's a bit muddy at the moment).
I am asking for £475.00 ono. The car is in Bideford in North Devon.
Any questions, I'm happy to answer.
Phil
phil02

Post by phil02 »

yangreen

Post by yangreen »

Wow! It's done more miles than my girlfriend's one litre AX!
Bit smarter though...
phil02

Post by phil02 »

It does seem like a lot of miles but it's average for the year (assuming 10k a year over 12 years) and it runs absolutely fine. It is having a new petrol filler pipe fitted in the next couple of days too now as the old one has rusted away on the joint the cap clamps to, so the seal is poor. I should have mentioned I am open to (sensible!)offers on the price.
Phil
jeremy
My Cars:

Post by jeremy »

Mileage may well be average but wear doesn't just heal up does it!
jeremy
phil02

Post by phil02 »

No, it doesn't...and I wasn't suggesting that it did. All I'm saying is it could have a lot more on it.
yangreen

Post by yangreen »

I have to admit, before encountering the AX, I never thought they'd last as long as they do! My girlfriend's car still sounds beautiful. It's quite depressing. I'm starting to think the thing is never going to die!
ItDontGo
My Cars:

Post by ItDontGo »

They go on for ages. My last one had well over 130k on it when the cambelt snapped and didn't smoke or knock at all. I saw a 1.0 petrol in the local scrappy with 200k on it once too!!
danielsydney
My Cars:

Post by danielsydney »

Very nice little car. We didnt get this in australia. Well actually we did but not many of them.
cheesesliceking

Post by cheesesliceking »

hmmm I've got 189k on mine do i win?
mbunting
My Cars:

Post by mbunting »

Nope, 243K on my M reg 1.5D
So there !
cheesesliceking

Post by cheesesliceking »

DAMN IT![:D]
phil02

Post by phil02 »

Buggerit, guy was supposed to turn up tonight to look at it for his daughter, waited ages for him and he never showed. [:(!] Never mind, these things are sent to try us...
And I now have to find a petrol filler pipe ring (the bit that bolts to the bodywork that the petrol cap clamps to) as mine has rusted through in one place and petrol is escaping at higher speeds...no luck finding a scrap one yet and new ones come with the pipe attached and are over £50! GSF don't even do them.
Don't suppose by any wild chance anyone's breaking an AX? [:D]
Phil
VisaGTi16v

Post by VisaGTi16v »

mbunting
My Cars:

Post by mbunting »

phil,
There are usually loads of AX's in the scrappies. Might be worth checking if the same part was used on the 106 / saxo because you could also rob that and use or customise.
I made a mistake on my mileage, sorry, it's actually 253k !