LHM injection

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

mpr1956
My Cars:

LHM injection

Post by mpr1956 »

Reading about the chap having to replace the front to back lines on his BX, reminded me of when I was checking my HP pipes a few years ago for the MOT. Stupidly I ran my hands around the rear pipes to feel for corrosion when one of them chose that moment to fail (Yes, I hadn't released the pressure!!) There was a hissing noise and I felt a sharp pain in the end of my finger. I withdrew my finger pretty rapidly as you can imagine and watched entranced as the car sank slowly to the ground. This was a friday night and I was wasn't about to go to casualty with a stinging finger, so I phoned the nurse there and asked if this injection of LHM was likely to prove fatal (having read about this sort of thing being dangerous to health) The nurse replied drily that I would be okay, but that I would surely regret my folly later. This proved to be true, as the pain I suffered that night and the next day in the fingertip had to be experienced to be believed !! Five years later and there is still loss of sensation in the affected finger (and please no jokes about me hissing or clicking every minute or so) Has anybody else here been so foolish as to injure themselves in this way ( I was very fortunate not to be caught and badly injured as the car settled) Please learn by my mistakes!
bulldog
My Cars:

Post by bulldog »

hi mpr1956 im that guy doing the front to back lines, bloody things, im lucky she was sat for a few days befor i started and there is praticaly no lhm in the tank and shes up on four axle stands but i can imagine the pain and loss of feeling as i neerly sliced my little finger tip off so all i can say is OOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCHHHHHHHH that hurts
jeremy
My Cars:

Post by jeremy »

Don't need LHM to loose sensation in your finger - I managed it with a pineapple tin - and I was sober at the time!
Jeremy
weety
My Cars:

Post by weety »

i managed to lose sensation in my entire body once....... welding a beetle round the engine bay (lying on the ground underneath it) spark actually went down my ear the pain made me sit up and i crashed my head into the bottom of the engine..... good job i was MIG not gas welding
CommY
My Cars:

Post by CommY »

Try catching a dropping fly wheel with one hand, a very silly move indeed luckily I realised my folly in trying to catch it and informed my hand to not participate in the natural reaction to catch it so I only crushed the ends of two of my fingers and I didn't loose any.
fastandfurryous
My Cars:

Post by fastandfurryous »

The instinct to catch something that you have just dropped is rather dangerous at times isn't it. Note to self: If item is still glowing red hot from welding, do not catch.
cornishbx16v

Post by cornishbx16v »

i always seemed to find though, that if you drop something insignificant like a nut or bolt, instead of trying to catch it i would semi jump clear, yet drop anything large my brain always said 'Catch it you fool' and thus causing various degrees of pain in doing! nothing as bad as you folks though, normally just toes or arms in pain![:)]