ZX Rear Brake Self Adjusters

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

wilkobob
My Cars:

ZX Rear Brake Self Adjusters

Post by wilkobob »

Can anyone tell me if the self adjuster kits from GSF for the ZX are to do both sides or do I have to buy 2 kits? (self adjusters are missing entirely from a mates car!) Cheers in advance
Simon
tonespeed1999
My Cars:

Post by tonespeed1999 »

when you say the self adjuster is missing!. i presume you mean the tiny metal flap that sits under the adjusting nut?
if so this is quite common,alot of garages tend to "bin" them during routine maintanance,too fiddley to refit if knocked off.
only problem is they wont adjust the shoes as they are designed to do.
the adjusters are available as a kit for each side,depending on the make and how the supplier sells them.
wilkobob
My Cars:

Post by wilkobob »

One side its there, but broken (wont work at all) and other side its missing. I have found the "self adjuster kit" on GSF, just im unsure whether il need to order 2 kits or one, what I mean is, does one kit do both rear brakes or only one? Incidentally its the bendix system.
mezuk04
My Cars:

Post by mezuk04 »

Any ideas please?
sooty
My Cars:

Post by sooty »

On the problems with these self adjusters on the bendix brakes.
Mine require constant adjustments although the adjusters are intact, whats wrong with them???? everything seems to be in order.
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

Bit late in the picture here, but the kit contains adjusters for both sides (good job since it costs nearly 40 quid!) Includes new springs (although not all of them IIRC) and handbrake levers as well.
wilkobob
My Cars:

Post by wilkobob »

Good good. Il order one tomorrow. Went to GSF in Lincoln today, and they had no idea they even sold the adjusters, never mind whats in the kit! ah ha ha ha ha ha!
citroenzx
My Cars:

Post by citroenzx »

ha ha ha
wilkobob
My Cars:

Post by wilkobob »

My point is this... They guy in GSF said they were not in the right place in the catalouge.... however I found them under "Braking, Citroen, Break Shoe Adjuster Kits"... I couldn't see them being anywhere else! Good job I checked really, he wanted me to go to main dealer for them!
citroenzx
My Cars:

Post by citroenzx »

Well yeah you would expect breaking related things to be in the breaking section, i know a few people have had a grizzle about the shop floor people not being able to find the correct part!
tudor
My Cars:

Post by tudor »

Well after reading with intrest about those kit's. Did you fix then...?
Regards from Tudor
2.1td xm est.
wilkobob
My Cars:

Post by wilkobob »

Yeah, new adjusters fitted and working well. Although they look difficult, they are quite an easy job to do. This post related to the Bendix system. My car, which incedentally is a ZX SX TD, has the lucas system, which in my view are even easier to sort.