ABS Light

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

np
My Cars:

ABS Light

Post by np »

The ABS light came on today on my way home.Switched the engine off,restarted,no light.Drove off for a mile or so & came on again.[:(!].Searching the past topics it would seem to be a wheel sensor.Will have to have a look after Easter when i service it.
Thats 2 lights now,with the airbag light on since Aug last year!Time for some black tape me thinks[:D],that way i wont be blinded by the bright glow from the dash![:)]
jeremy
My Cars:

Post by jeremy »

Sounds as though its the sensor lead rather than the sensor itself. The question is which one as clearly these things work when static but some conditions cause the break. In reality its going to be going over a bump - and you may be able to work out which one while driving.
If all fails you can use an audio method (search this site) As yours is quite recent it may be the computer holds error codes and with the appropriate reader you can find out which one it is. Does anyone know if this ECU does anything useful.
Jeremy
np
My Cars:

Post by np »

Well,after starting the car this morning,the light stayed on.After half a mile it went out.After 3 miles the light came on again.Stopped at cash machine,restarted & it went out as normal.Drove to B&Q,slamed on brakes in car park & ABS worked fine.Left B&Q,drove 5 miles home with no light at all.Started car 4 times on drive,each time light went out with all the other warning lights as normal.When the light came on i was on a good bit of smooth road.There seems to be no pattern as to when it will come on.Speedbumps,bends,breaking etc.So hopefully it`s just a sensor,or as Jeremy said,wiring.Will keep you informed.
heath robinson

Post by heath robinson »

sounds just like mine at the moment. the only additional symptom i have is when the light is off, at low speed say 10mph and less, under gentle breaking the abs is operating (ie i can feel the pulse) and the breaking efficiency is reduced dramatically. when the light was on i tried the pin reading and 1&6 (OSF) = problem as no resistance. so i guess wiring problem or sensor?
np
My Cars:

Post by np »

Well,the light hasn`t come on again since sunday.Done 140 miles since yesterday morning to & from work,no probs.Will still need to have a look at it though.