Body Kits for Xantia Needed

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

narnie

Body Kits for Xantia Needed

Post by narnie »

Does any body know of any where i can get a good body kit for my xantia iv tried every where, i want something agressive and bit rounder plzzzz help i want to be different and the xantia has every thing i require i.e hydrolics, ppl pay upto 3k to get these babies so i am very gratefull
Kowalski
My Cars: Ex 05 C5 2.0 HDI Exclusive 145k
Ex 97 Xantia 1.9TD SX 144k
Ex 94 Xantia Dimension 1.9TD 199k

Post by Kowalski »

A few companies do Xantia body kits but they're pretty rare, the Xantia doesn't have a big following in the modding community.
The pipework on Xantia hydraulics is all low bore and the pump has a minutely small output so its not really suitable for making the car jump etc. which I assume is what you want it to do.
narnie

Post by narnie »

no i dont intend to make it jump, just the idea of not payin 3k to raise and lower at the touch of a lever makes me happy.
bxbodger
My Cars:

Post by bxbodger »

Presumeably this is the sort of thing you are after-http://www.citroenet.org.uk/html/b/bodykits3.html
I don't know where these people are but a web search should turn them up- I have seen the Cituning name a lot in conection with BX twin headlight kits, etc.
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

narnie
So, how far are you going to go with your bodywork mods [?]
It's best not to go too far, and being subtle works the best.
VLL
My Cars:

Post by VLL »

A mate of mine has a Cituning Xantia bodykit for sale (the one in the b&w pictures in the link bxbodger posted), it needs repainted but is otherwise in good condition as far as I can remember.
I can find out more if you like.
narnie

Post by narnie »

Very interested mate. email sent.
zorgman
My Cars:

Post by zorgman »

wow dont they look good im after an estate so the body kit is deffo on the shopping list
zorgman
My Cars:

Post by zorgman »

anybody know aboutprices cant seem to find a contact for them
weety
My Cars:

Post by weety »

Stempy
My Cars: C5 V6 Mk1 assainated by wife
Renault Kangoo 1.6 auto, tarted up and remapped
Still missing the Xantia V6
Not missing the AX

Post by Stempy »

So what happens when you fit a body kit and then need to depressurise the system??
weety
My Cars:

Post by weety »

or what happens when the system depressurises itself,where do you get your jack underneath?
Though i liked the estate back bumper kit with four exhausts....,might cut up some hoover tube later and go and mod mine
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by weety</i>

or what happens when the system depressurises itself,where do you get your jack underneath?
Though i liked the estate back bumper kit with four exhausts....,might cut up some hoover tube later and go and mod mine
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Stempy</i>

So what happens when you fit a body kit and then need to depressurise the system??
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Stempy & weety have "raised" [:D] important issues in these two posts, which anyone contemplating to stick a body kit on should bear in mind, otherwise it could cause many problems by "Chaving" an Xantia.
bxbodger
My Cars:

Post by bxbodger »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">So what happens when you fit a body kit and then need to depressurise the system??<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Quite simple- put the axle stands under first!!!
If it depressurises itself, you just use an old scissor jack, one should go under as they are only about 2" high when flat.
davek-uk
My Cars:

Post by davek-uk »

Or always fit a towbar so you can jack the car up under it! I like the idea of axle stands swinging down when a pressure loss is detected!!