ZX Radio code entry

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

markallinson
My Cars:

ZX Radio code entry

Post by markallinson »

I've searched on here for info on how to enter the code for a ZX Blaupunkt radio but so far have not found it. [:(]
Basically my radio code is 6055 but I only have buttons 1 to 5. Now I have sussed that I need to use button 1 to enter the first digit, button 2 to enter the second digit etc. BUT on the display of the 4 digits it can display, the first digit can only display 1 or nothing, the rest being 0 to 9.
Also after entering the code what next?[?]
wilkobob
My Cars:

Post by wilkobob »

As far as im aware, the code can only begin with a 1 or a zero. you enter the code with the 4 buttons and press and hold the up arrow to validate the code.
If its a newer model with RDS, the its the same procedure, just the first number can be 0 - 9.
New units come up with "code" on the display to enter the code, old units come up with "COD" on the display.
I suspect you have the code for a newer unit, which has been replaced at some point with an older one.
markallinson
My Cars:

Post by markallinson »

Right then I've finally got the code entered. procedure is,
Exapmle code 6055, code obtained from http://radiocode.proboards6.com/index.cgi
After locking yourself out (DOH) leave it switched on for an hour.
Then when COD appears press one of the numeric buttons, first press does not count, I figured this out after several failled attempts....
now press button 1 six times, button 2 zero times, button 3 five times, button 4 five times. Now press the up arrow on the square multi button.
Sorted!
Now I've got to change the anti roll bar drop links......
Stansbury
My Cars:

Post by Stansbury »

Glad you sorted that as now I can go and unlock mine!