ZX speedo, brakes etc....

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Richy-p
My Cars:

ZX speedo, brakes etc....

Post by Richy-p »

Just wondering if anyone knows how (in)accurate the speedometer is on the ZX because I have seen 112Mph on the clock (downhill on the M1 [:)] ) I know that the claimed max. speed is about 97Mph. I very much doubt I was really going as fast as the speedo says...
Has anyone got the power/torque curve for this car becuase I cant find it anywhere. The engine has stated max power of 71hp at 4600rpm.
I notice that many people are suffering from poor brakes in similar ZX models. I checked mine and the front offside calliper was siezed so i was braking 1 ton of car with one brake [:0] . However, some quick maintenence sorted that and i now have extremely good brakes that i can slow me down from 90+ to about 50 in 3 secs or so.....
Has anyone hit the rev limiter on the ZX? where is the cut off point?
Any help much appriciated [:D]
Kowalski
My Cars: Ex 05 C5 2.0 HDI Exclusive 145k
Ex 97 Xantia 1.9TD SX 144k
Ex 94 Xantia Dimension 1.9TD 199k

Post by Kowalski »

The rev limiter on the diesels is around 5100 rpm, but the rev limiting is done by a governer so power fades noticeable from 4500 rpm onwards, there is no hard limiter.
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

Hang on a mo, did you ask "how (in)accurate the speedometer is on the ZX". All I can say is if it's moving about then it's inaccurate. Seems to be worse on TD models. Can be made more accurate with bottom half replacement or all replacement if you can get the top half out.
arry_b

Post by arry_b »

My handbook says the 1.9 will do 108mph.
Mine will hit that on the flat - after a V E R Y L O N G run up!
wilkobob
My Cars:

Post by wilkobob »

Well according to the speedo, I have had 115 out of my old 1.9D estate... And to be honest, I think that was laughable, although I must admit, for a straight diesel, it was a quick car.