oohh ouch yeeoww

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Stempy
My Cars: C5 V6 Mk1 assainated by wife
Renault Kangoo 1.6 auto, tarted up and remapped
Still missing the Xantia V6
Not missing the AX

oohh ouch yeeoww

Post by Stempy »

[xx(] Is there anything special about the HP pump on the V6 Xantia? Only I just had to pay £720 to have one fitted. Pump itself is priced at just under £500, the rest was for labour, a new aux belt and LHM.
This is following the recent loss of hydraulic pressure that kept occurring. Apparently the pump was full of swarf and had been slowly eating itself.
mpr1956
My Cars:

Post by mpr1956 »

This helps explain the posting re. Shavings in the reservoir... That pump sounds pricey by the way, Ouch !!
Richard Gallagher
My Cars:

Post by Richard Gallagher »

Gulp!
oilyspanner
My Cars:

Post by oilyspanner »

owww!
pwatson
My Cars:

Post by pwatson »

Why would the (hydraulic)pump be so different (expensive) for a V6? Are the hydraulics that different?
dan.2cv
My Cars:

Post by dan.2cv »

I take it that it was main dealer? Have a phone around some others to check the price you have been charged are about the same. If they are wildly cheaper go back to the dealer and demand some money back. It does sound horrendously expensive.
alan s
RIP 2010
My Cars:

Post by alan s »

What about Pleiades?
They do pump recons so surely they would have been a much cheaper option you'd nearly have to reckon. I think they may also sell new pumps at times too don't they?
Alan S
PeterMann
My Cars:

Post by PeterMann »

Cannot see why a V6 pump would need to be different from any other model in the range. Pressure and flow requirements would be similar. Provided there is port and mounting compatability, and piston pump of similar displacement should do the job.
ActivaV6uk
My Cars: C5 X7 2.7 hdi

Past cars
Activa, silver MK1 (221bhp stock) stripped out with twin sparcos Evo seats. 95
Activa, light met red MK1 98
Activa, dark met red MK1 98
Activa, dark met blue MK1 (202bhp stock) 96
Xantia exclusive V6 auto 3l 98
Xantia 2l 8v auto
BX 4x4 GTi dark met silver
BX 4x4 GTi white
BX GTi 16v white fibre bumpers
BX GTi 16v black fibre bumpers
BX GTi 16v hurricane (doa)
BX DTR estate

Post by ActivaV6uk »

Hi, yes the HP pump on a V6 is diferent, its got twin bearings unlike all the other HP pumps Cit make. I have a spare here i had shipped from sweeden because there so hard to get seccond hand (£250 for a 400 mile pump wasnt bad - unlucky sweedish V6 driver though). i havent got my PR net password with me but i will try and post pictures when i can. i can however take pictures of it with my digital camera against one of my other spair pumps (i have spair TD, Activa and V6 pumps so i can probably show the diferences between them all).
There are 2 reasons for the seccond set of bearings that I was given, 1 is that the pump runs better and should last longer, and 2 the surpentine belt is an inch (ish) further away from the mount than it is on the xu engines.
There are a couple of companys around the uk that will rebuild pumps that would have been worth a try (Jon can GSF offer this service, i seem to remember you said they could?). When I fit my 6v engine to the activa I will take the pump off the engine and fit the low milage one and get the high milage one reconditioned at my leasure.
Andy
Richard Gallagher
My Cars:

Post by Richard Gallagher »

This shows the extra expense of running a 'low volume' model in the range. I had the similar problems/expense when I tried to source a catalyst for a Xantia CT Turbo estate, no-one makes them other than Citroen.
Homer
My Cars: Current:
Volvo V60 D4 180

Previous:
BX16RS (two of),
BX19TZI,
Xantia 2.0i saloon,
Xantia 2.0 Exclusive CT turbo Break,
Peugeot 807 2.0 HDi 110,
Renault Grand Scenic, 2.0 diesel (150bhp)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi 160 which put me off French cars possibly forever

Post by Homer »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Richard Gallagher</i>

This shows the extra expense of running a 'low volume' model in the range. I had the similar problems/expense when I tried to source a catalyst for a Xantia CT Turbo estate, no-one makes them other than Citroen.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Don't I know it.
Stempy
My Cars: C5 V6 Mk1 assainated by wife
Renault Kangoo 1.6 auto, tarted up and remapped
Still missing the Xantia V6
Not missing the AX

Post by Stempy »

I checked the price of the pump on PR Net and the dealer charged the right amount.
Unfortunately I was in a situation whereby I had no choice but to get it done at the dealer it was towed to.
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

Wondering how much a servopump would be in a similar V6 car other than a Citroen ?
NiSk
My Cars:

Post by NiSk »

Ehrrr - there aren't that many non-Citroën V6's fitted with HP servo pumps - in fact none at all.
//NiSk
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

A steering servo pump NiSk - not a HP pump.