HELP! before I buy a Ford!!!

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

rossnunn
My Cars:

HELP! before I buy a Ford!!!

Post by rossnunn »

Right I'm getting really pissed off here. [}:)]
Could someone who understands the listings in the GSF online shop please get me some part no's so I can order:
<b>1.4 MPI '98 306</b>
Altinator Belt
PAS Belt
Timing Belt
4x Spark Plugs
Oil Filter
<b>1.9 TD '96 306/ZX</b>
Brembo Max Vented Front Disks (pair)
Brembo Max Vented Rear Disks (pair)
Brembo Front Pads (pair)
Brembo Rear Pads (pair)
Thank you.[:D]
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

One for Mr J @ Heathrow I think ! [:D]
Dave Bamber
My Cars:

Post by Dave Bamber »

Chill out dude[:o)] Give them a ring, the guys on the phones are top blokes. Get the part numbers and order online, free postage over £50 at the moment[;)]
rossnunn
My Cars:

Post by rossnunn »

ok i've kinda carmed down abit, pc case has a few more dents in it tho! lol
It turns out that I'm going past a GSF in Notts tomorrow, so if I can get there in time I think I'll pop in.
The cheapest quote I've had is £155 for the disks & pads but that would mean sending £155 all the way to dublin, and me being Lincolnshire don't fancy that, so am willing to spend some more. ;)
Jon

Post by Jon »

Um, er. Ok.
Well as standard the ZX 1.4 hatch would have had 247mm solid discs. So, if you do want Brembo Max frt discs you need the N60110F vented 247mm discs. Whicj leaves me worried abot your calipers then being wrong. Please tell me that you have already upgraded to vented discs, it would make my life so much easier! There are not any Brembo max rear discs available from GSF, reason being that the ZX tends to be a bit overbraked on the rear anyway (rear discs are bigger than the fronts!) and I've never heard of anyone upgrading them.
Brembo do not offer "Brembo Max" brake pads. Most people seem to either use standard pads, or some fast road pads from either Pagid or EBC. I can get you price/availability on a set of those, please confirm you are using 247mm vented discs with the Girling caliper.
rossnunn
My Cars:

Post by rossnunn »

hi jon sorry been abit slow off the mark.
I have already upgraded the front brakes to 1.9TD Disks (vented) & calipers. I will be changing the rear beam in about two weeks to one off the same 1.9TD with disk'd rears.
Thanks for your help.