Anyone selling a temp sensor for a Xantia cheap ?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Mosser
My Cars:

Anyone selling a temp sensor for a Xantia cheap ?

Post by Mosser »

I finally got my interior temp sensor out of my xantia to clean the fan as it hasnt been working for a while and the temperature has been all over the place because of it,
I cleaned it all up and put it back and it still wasnt working, just sort of wobbling back and forwards so i took it fully apart and it turns out that it is actually using a primitive stepper motor (4 pole) to keep it at a constant speed but sadly one of the 2 coils has blown and that it why it cant spin
So now i need a replacement and wondered if anyone had one laying around i could buy off them?,
I have currently just dangled the thermistor out of the dash which i was happy with as it will also act as a sun sensor like the XM has and boost the aircon when the sun comes out, but sadly the wife thinks its an eyesore and is making me get a proper sensor assembly
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

I've got one in the same state, which you can have for the cost of the postage if you think you could build one out of two? I haven't investigated the cost new from Citroen, but imagine not that expensive as they don't seem to last very long, so must be replaced frequently! I fitted a second hand one that is a bit noisy, but at least the climate control actual does control at the moment!
Mosser
My Cars:

Post by Mosser »

Thanks for the offer richard, but i have investigated it a bit more and it is the actual chip that has failed on part of its output, so having another one with a failed chip too wouldnt make 1 good one, thanks anyway though,
I have dangled the thermistor about 3 inches out of the dash on its wires and the climate control works really well now, better than it ever has so i'm not in too much of a rush to get one, i will wait till someone is breaking a xantia
RichG
My Cars:

Post by RichG »

Mosser,
Did you manage to get the sensor out of the dashboard without too much dismantling? If so, how?
Richard
Mosser
My Cars:

Post by Mosser »

Its quite easy actually, i just took the stereo out then you have access to the alarm led connector that is mounted to the side, once thats unplugged there is enough slack in the other wires to remove it without unplugging anything else,
RichG
My Cars:

Post by RichG »

Thanks for the info Mosser. I will try it when the weather gets a bit warmer!
Richard