I found a UK Activa Diesel !!

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Mosser
My Cars:

I found a UK Activa Diesel !!

Post by Mosser »

Bit pricey at 3 grand but apparently they are available as rhd then
http://www.ukmotorsales.co.uk/networkpr ... 690&id=237
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

Errrhh ...
Did the Activa version of the Xantia ever came with diesel engine ?
IAN.D
My Cars:

Post by IAN.D »

That is a normal uk spec 2.0 turbo activa.
Did a check on car and said "petrol turbo".
Think said car has been mentioned on this site before?
ActivaV6uk
My Cars: C5 X7 2.7 hdi

Past cars
Activa, silver MK1 (221bhp stock) stripped out with twin sparcos Evo seats. 95
Activa, light met red MK1 98
Activa, dark met red MK1 98
Activa, dark met blue MK1 (202bhp stock) 96
Xantia exclusive V6 auto 3l 98
Xantia 2l 8v auto
BX 4x4 GTi dark met silver
BX 4x4 GTi white
BX GTi 16v white fibre bumpers
BX GTi 16v black fibre bumpers
BX GTi 16v hurricane (doa)
BX DTR estate

Post by ActivaV6uk »

yeah citroen never produced a diesel, 2.0 16v or V6 activa in the uk. I've had them check beacuse of my projects and insurence issues...
Andy
Thunderbird

Post by Thunderbird »

Here in Portugal, Xantia Activa was available as:
-- mk1 95-97 --
Petrol 2.0 Turbo Manual
2.1 turbo diesel Manual
-- mk2 98-01 --
2.0 HDi Manual
V6 Manual
I've tested both the the HDi and the V6 Activa's and I have conclude there is no interest in the HDi Activa version. The chassis/suspension cries for more power. Instead of being fun, it turns out to be a disappointment. Even the V6 is not enough, altough the final result is positive. This engine is about 12 years behind BMW's 6 cilinders engines, in every sense: economy, torgue, power, vibrations, weight, quality, etc.
So, my final recommendation is: forget it.
- For true sportive emotion, choose a BMW 330.
- For a good mix of sports/economy, get the new BMW 320d 163hp (!) that is so economical as the 2.0HDi and faster than the Xantia V6.
- For true comfort and economy, get a Xantia 2.0HDi HA2 or non-HA, or wait for the new C6.
bikeboyz
My Cars:

Post by bikeboyz »

This car has been discussed a while back from that advert, yes its petrol turbo - dim dealer who obviously cant shift it.
Mosser
My Cars:

Post by Mosser »

Doh, i thought i was a first in this country,
I wouldnt think he stands much chance of shifting it with a wrong description and a 3 grand price tag
madasafish

Post by madasafish »

P reg worth about £950tops if in good condition.
Money pit
David Hallworth1
Locked user account
My Cars:

Post by David Hallworth1 »

We ran a Xantia Activa for about 5 years, and had an awful lot of bother off it. The suspension kept leaning to one side, and nobody could figure out what was wrong with it. It kept going rock solid and the spheres were changed about 3 times! Not cheap on one of them, theres loads of them!!
The only one ever available in the UK was the 2.0 Turbo Petrol unit that put out 150BHP. We tried to source a V6, but couldn't find one anywhere.
£2995 is dreaming!! We got £1500 for ours as a P/X for an R reg with 74k on the clock.
Regards
David.
bikeboyz
My Cars:

Post by bikeboyz »

Well this forum reader is having a go at it....
http://www.activa-all.pwp.blueyonder.co ... roject.htm
ActivaV6uk

Past cars
Xantia 2l 8v auto
BX 4x4 GTi white
BX DTR estate

Post by ActivaV6uk »

hehe thats my page :) thats the 2.1 project the site is www.activanet.co.uk in there you can have a look at the V6 activa project to (under members cars - andyc). I've not been keeping them as up to date as I should have but I am going to add a lot of info and pictures next monday.
Andy
crapday
My Cars:

Post by crapday »

I think its really cool what your doing andy. pity its costing you an arm and a leg.
ActivaV6uk

Past cars
Xantia 2l 8v auto
BX 4x4 GTi white
BX DTR estate

Post by ActivaV6uk »

Yeah its one of those things, the main problem is tracking down engines, I found one in Wales that would have been perfect but the engine had been left open to the elements for 1+ months and the loom had been cut, then the distribution pump disappeared and I gave up with that one (wasn’t travelling 250 miles for scrap). I then dropped into my local scrap yard (about 10 minutes walk from home) talked to them for a bit and went to see the 2 HDi’s they had in, after the guy opened the bonnet on the 406 I realised I was stood in front of a 2.1 12v which I pointed out to them and they sold it to me for a reasonable amount (the head gasket needs doing so it was still going to cost a bit).
Unfortunately at this time I’ve taken on far to much, we are decorating 3 rooms in the house, extending the bathroom, fitting a new bath (repairing the waterfall we had down the stares because the shower tray broke), re-trimming a full leather interior and fitting a diesel engine to an Activa. The wife snapped about a week ago (no real surprise) and my engine rebuild budget got ploughed into the house. So I’ve had to raise £250 to finish the engine before the weather gets to it (which thanks to Vanny I may have just done).
In all honestly it’s not a hard project and I will document everything so that if any one else wants to do it there more than welcome to have a go. As it is my cousins Activa in a few months will go down the same route then its on to the V6 :)
Andy
Jon

Post by Jon »

Quote <i>"The wife snapped about a week ago (no real surprise) and my engine rebuild budget got ploughed into the house."</i>
I just spat my coffee out over the monitor when I read that.[:D] Welcome to the Club!