Would Xantia Estate seats fit into Xantia Saloon?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Armadeus
My Cars:

Would Xantia Estate seats fit into Xantia Saloon?

Post by Armadeus »

Hi fellas,
I intend to swap my faded Xantia saloon seats which are fabric to leather and electric seats from a Xantia MK2 'Exclusive' Estate.
I do know the front seats will fit in nicely. The thing that bothers me is would the rear seats fit perfectly too? I figured the Estate rear seats fitting might be different from the Saloon. Can someone confirm this?
Another thing is are the sockets for the electrics the same? Perhaps the new multiplex wiring has a different connector. It'll be a waste if I got the seats and the connectors won't fit.
My Xantia is a 1996 model. The Estate is a year 2000 Exclusive. The seats are simply beautiful. Rear seats have 3 headrests too. I read in the other topic about the best seats, this seats came up tops!
Advices and ideas are much appreciated. Thanks and have a great day!
Richard Gallagher
My Cars:

Post by Richard Gallagher »

The rear seats are a very different shape, I'd be very surprised if they could be adapted to fit as the estate has three, 3 point seat belts.
np
My Cars:

Post by np »

I had the chanch for a leather interia from a salon for my estate.But after posting on here,the rear salon seat would`nt fit into my estate.As they are different.And i would have lost the middle 3 point belt in my estate.As the fronts would fit in,the other option would be to have the rear seat in yours recoverd in leather.Depends on how much the seats will cost to buy etc,then put the unwanted rear leather estate seat on here or E bay.
Armadeus
My Cars:

Post by Armadeus »

Hi fellas,
Thanks for your replies. So it would be correct to say Estate rear seats cannot fit into Saloon?
Exactly what part of the seat is different? The two latches at the top, the mounting bolts at the bottom, something else?
The beautiful leather is simply calling out to me. The awkward thing is fitting the leather seats on the front and have something else for the rear seats.
ActivaV6uk
My Cars: C5 X7 2.7 hdi

Past cars
Activa, silver MK1 (221bhp stock) stripped out with twin sparcos Evo seats. 95
Activa, light met red MK1 98
Activa, dark met red MK1 98
Activa, dark met blue MK1 (202bhp stock) 96
Xantia exclusive V6 auto 3l 98
Xantia 2l 8v auto
BX 4x4 GTi dark met silver
BX 4x4 GTi white
BX GTi 16v white fibre bumpers
BX GTi 16v black fibre bumpers
BX GTi 16v hurricane (doa)
BX DTR estate

Post by ActivaV6uk »

are you in the UK and what colour are the front seats (i have a set of rears taht may be of use to you if the front seatsa re the light type (i also have a full set of seats avalable for £150 if your interested but they need some work).
Andy